Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2012, 12:50 AM

oyf709 is on a distinguished road
Default LF partner to purchase LED fixture

I am looking for someone to join together and purchase a new LED fixture. The company I am dealing with will charge the same shipping regardless if it is 1 fixture or 2 fixtures .

I am thinking about bringing these new model into NA but not very sure its functionality and how well can this unit be match up against all other LED fixtures. So I am thinking about to just get 1 sample unit to test it out. I really don't need 2 of them so my choices are either pay same shipping for just 1 unit as for 2 or try to have someone join in to buy the 2nd one.
Here is some detail of the unit, any input is welcome such as what you think about the PAR reading, functions or if it is worth the MSRP they suggest.
The MSRP for the unit is $790.00 Cdn without tax and if someone want to join in for this purchase, the cost for only this time would be $550 Cdn, it inlcudes the shipping,Duty and tax. I am willing to ship the unit to anywhere in Canada but the shiping from Vancouver and to your location would be extra $25.00 Cdn
Comes with timer , remote hanging bracket and light stand. All controller are built-in and you can link multiple unit with CAT5 cable. It would also comes with 1 year warranty.

PS:I crossed out the model and the company name just base on the forum policy

The LED spec is a bit small even when I am raeding it on my 27" monitor so I will type it out again
Total Watts is 144w
fixture length is 24"
White LED 2*35w
Blue LED 20*3w 450-465NM Bridgelux chip
Blue LED(I think they meant moon light) 4*3w 470-485nm CREE
Violet LED 6*3w
Red LED 3*3w
Geen LED 3*3w
Orange LED 2*3w

Yes the total amount of the LED should comes more than the 144w, I have talked to them and the reason why it is 144w is because their current driver is running a lower current thru so the LEDs are not at max out output. It has the protential to reach 200W in the future but as for now it is only 144w.

Again any input about the light is welcome, I would rather not to spend that money to test it if most ppl think it is not worth it at all. Thank uuuu~~~!!!!

Last edited by oyf709; 10-12-2012 at 12:53 AM.