Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2012, 08:39 AM

burgerchow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickle22 View Post
I just switched over from shaw to telus and here is my story/ rant
I have had Shaw for the last 2 years and never had a problem until a few weeks ago. I was getting cable and internet (using cell phone so no need for home phone). Then just the other week a shaw rep call me up and said about their new plans, telling me how if i sign-up for home-phone and got the same plan my bill would actually be less . So i signed up for the phone, repetitively asking if anything else on my plan would change, the rep assured me everything would stay the same.
A week or so went by until my new plan went into affect. and then i noticed i had less than half the channels i previously had. so i called up shaw to see what went wrong, they told me that is what i signed up for. i then asked to have my old plan back as i was saving $10 but had no channels i wanted and had a phone i would never use. they then told me the plan i was previously was on is no longer available. I was ****ed. Right then and their i asked to have my services disconnected and was sent to another department,
The next lady then tried to talk me into staying and now all of a sudden i could get my old plan back, but at this point i was too mad and said no way.
I just got my telus optik setup tuesday and so-far i am very impressed. I get better quality TV, and alot more options for channels shaw dosn't offer, my internet speed hasn't gone below 20mbps (using internet and 2 tvs and same time) when with shaw i rarely seen over 15mbps (paying for extreme 25mbps) At this point telus would have to screw-up pretty big for me to even consider shaw again

yep, same thing happened to me about 6 mos ago. Been using Shaw for the last 6 years, just for their cable. Big time customer. My cable bill just for TV was $185 a month. ( I know, but I just hate seeing blank channels when I'm channel surfing).
Anyhow, I get some marketing rep call me one day and offer to lower my cable bill if I sign up for their new high speed internet. She offered me a promotion that sounded too good to be true, so I said " Deal" , just send me an email confirming what you offered.
That's where everything went south. She said they weren't allowed to send emails. " WTF" ( in my business, we deal with everything via emails)
I asked her name, and she wouldn't tell me, so I phoned back asking to speak to a manager and was told one wasn't in. Took me 4 calls to get somebody in charge. I said all I wanted was written confirmation of the package that was offered. He too said that they couldn't do that. By now, I'm ****ed, so I said I was going to switch to Telus, and the guy said go ahead.
Called telus right away, got a package way better than Shaw's, including 5 optik pvrs, and love how the boxes work.
It wasn't till I called back shaw to cancel my services that a head honcho got on the line and begged me to stay. I said "too late, telus just did an 8 hour installation. You had your chance."

Stay away from Shaw. They suck . Have only experienced good things with Telus so far.

120 , lps. 2xKessil A350W Tuna Blues, 2xvortech mp40 for flow,aqualogic 1/4 hp chiller, 160 lbs live rock. sohal, , pair of percs,flame dotty back , royal gramma, pair of black percs, niger trigger, mandarin

55 corner bowfront freshwater, African cichlids kessil a350

30 gal 36x36 coffee table fish tank. 3 red ear sliders.

5.5 gal nano, live rock, arrow crab, baby perc, firefish.