Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2012, 03:34 AM

tim the toolman is on a distinguished road
Default TV being converted into 30g seahorse tank

AS the title says i am taking an old floor model t.v. and turning it into a new seahorse tank.
Full Disclosure. I had turned this into a freshwater tank a couple of years ago and it was actually the first aquarium i had ever owned. Then as many of you can relate to it became an addiction which led to several tanks of many different sizes. That then led to a small saltwater tank and the eventual dismantling of my 5 freshwater tanks including the t.v.
After it sat in my garage for a year or more i decided to take it apart and rebuild it as a fairly basic saltwater system, just to facilitate my want for a seahorse tank. And also to keep the memory of the tank that got me into this hobby. So here goes. Any suggestions are welcome, but please keep in mind that i am endeavoring to use up some of the extra equipment around the house to make this a little more cost effective.
This is my dog watching the tv as a freshwater tank couple years back.

Here is the tank gutted and basically everything remover from inside.
I then took the old box from the frshwater system and cut it apart so that i could resize it and add a side sump/fuge/overflow/systems compartment.

here is my silicone heavy overflow with a small skimmer mounted beside it.

More pics to come.