Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2012, 11:40 AM

JBen is on a distinguished road
Default JBens 90g

Thought I'd start a thread, it will be fun and interesting tracking progress over the next year.

90g (48x24x18)
8x54 T5HO
1 48" LED strip
20g Aqueon proflex sump.
SWC Skimmer
1 MP40..Currently set on Lagoon
70pds LR and 30pds Dry.
RODI

Possible/probable growth.
Phosban unit...due to space limitations in it's current room I don't see a refuge as feasible, and even the Phosban will be tight under the cabinet but I believe I want something. Sump is configured Berlin, evap at a gallon a day was dropping water level in third chamber too fast and dangerously close to return pump daily. An ATO is likely as well if I can figure out space limitations

The goal in maybe a years time is to build towards a mix reef by starting out fowler. Once everything is stable, including myself I'll think about adding corals., basically letting the tank tell me when it's time. Right now just waiting for it's cycle, it's like watching grass grow. Near term first additions will likely be a small CuC (cleaner or blood shrimp desired at some point), a pair of clowns for first fish, then add some more Cuc as needed and then from where I'll see what the tanks saying.

After 6 day Chem is holding steady.
Sal 1.025,
Am, NO2 and NO3 all reading nil
PH 7.8 to 8.1,
Alk at 12
Calc at 450.

First scape, not entirely happy with but it's close. Goal is for two sided viewing due to room layout with the second side the right end of the tank, so I don't want to block too much of this end, and am looking for a gradual buildup towards the left end. Any comments welcome

On the photography side, I'm really looking forward to playing with this and trying some different things with various pieces of equipment. For now just trying to dial in my WB under different lighting.

FTS...lol thats all I can do atm

Under the LEDs

From the end of the tank

Quartering away