Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2011, 06:42 AM

silentcivilian is on a distinguished road
Angry Conundrum.

So I needed to get this out, and now since I have two stories, all the better.

So ill leave names out of it, and stores. But I had a serious headshaking moment recently.

I was at my LFS shop of choice. I was near the back where the tanks I enjoy are at. I’m looking around, and one of the shop hands comes up and joking says "if ya see anything squishy, don’t poke it!" Needless to say, I tend not to poke such things, but I still ask why? Here was my answer.

"A octopus escaped, just happened to be a blue ring octopus hehehehe"

WTF!!! Why on earth would someone for starters want a blue ring octopus! 17minutes from time of sting(which you don’t feel cause its potent enough that it instantly numbs the area) till you die!!! Like dead, like no more! It kills you through paralysis of the lungs. There is no anti-venom known on the planet!! Its 1000 times more lethal than cyanide!!! One golf ball sized little oct carries enough venom to kill between 20-30 full grown adults! Next! They are ugly unless they are ****ed off! When you see blue, get lost, that’s what it means! The only way to survive is artificially pumping your lungs till it wears off! Creation of anti-venom is essentially putting in to a horse or other creature that can combat the venom and taking the antibodies to create something that can combat the venom. So.. reason would state, if there is no known anti-venom. That means nothing survives it naturally! So why have one!

ok.. phew.. got that out. I mean I own a stonefish, but keeping a Bluering is retarded in my opinion. No one should keep them. Its like going to a shooting range with a nuclear device! Don’t worry boys, just given the ol'bomb a test run, see if its still ticking!

Oyy.... that was a frustrating day at the store.. and to think, the tank wasn’t even locked down, they just closed the sliding tops.. ya, cause that stops cephalopods from escaping every time!!

Ok, now my amusing conundrum!

So I haven’t put anything into my tank since June. I suddenly have flatworms and aptasia around my tank and apparently it just popped up out of no where.. so if it wasn’t invite, it must get evicted.. so I naturally go to remove it all.. first squirt all the aps, then feed stone and eel, then proceed to do flatworm death additives!

After all this, im looking around my tank, thinking damn this looks good. Then I see it. The one thing that will bug me till I figure out how best to kill it. 1 Last piece of aptastia. I might mention, its growing on the back of my stonefish. Not just the back, but right by venom spines 3&4. How do you kill that little aps bugger when its there!!

I have to think on that one for a few days..