Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Edmonton

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2011, 07:09 PM

howdy20012002 is on a distinguished road
Talking Edmonton Tank Tour part 3 - timelines now up - please confirm attendance

Hey all.
I was thinking that another tank tour was in order for the edmonton area.
I am thinking Sunday Oct 23, 2011 that way it doesn't conflict with this month's reef meeting.
So, I need a list of people wanting to do the tour and I need a list of about 3 people willing to allow people to invade their homes...lol
people wanting to participate, just state your intention here.
as well, preferably the people willing to show us their setups have a bigger system or equipment that people may find interesting and useful to find out about. I dunno if someone's 10 gallon nano will cut it..lol

first come first serve.
if there are more than 18 (the capacity of my escalade limo), I would just suggest carpooling behind the limo and just switching around with people. that way more people can come.
I suggest we meet at my house around 12 or 1..i have a few tanks setup that will keep people occupied until everyone arrives.
what about dinner after??
let me know what you think.

on another note, apparently I have a big mouth and don't have a problem using it.
if I have offended anyone about things I have said, that wasn't my intention.
apparently, 14 years in the infantry didn't teach me tactfulness.
please accept my olive branch.

another note, I personally would like us to get back to doing reefmeets at home once in a while (maybe every 2 or 3 months) and having a learning session about things...like how to frag corals, make live rock etc...
not that there is anything wrong with the current meetings..i just would love to learn more from the knowledgeable people with a hands on approach.
let me know your thoughts on this as well.

Last edited by howdy20012002; 10-19-2011 at 04:22 AM.