Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Pump Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2011, 03:16 AM

Palmer is on a distinguished road
Default Review: Tunze nanostream pump 6045

Well this is not going to be a lengthy review. BUT I finally have my frag tank set up with all the bells and whistles and I needed a powerhead to treat these frags well. I know its "just" a frag tank but I plan on having SPS etc in there and I wanted decent flow in the tank so was exploring decent pumps. Now I have an MP40WES on my display tank and have zero problems with it and love it. But this is a 30 G frag tank. I considered an MP10WES but honestly couldnt justify the price for all the cool effects just for a frag tank. I have never had a Tunze pump before but after researching it I found the nanostream 6045 to be at a price point and flow that I was looking for. After putting it in I really couldnt believe the flow from this little pump and was impressed by the silence. It has a flow regulator but I cranked it up all the way and honestly I cant imagine needing anything more for this tank.

So I havent had it very long but if you are debating what you may need and considering this pump I highly recommend it.

Palmer