Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2011, 08:42 PM

Chowder is on a distinguished road
Default Chowders Fluval Edge

I decided to build a small tank on my desk at work. I wanted something I could put a few softies in and a small frog fish. I started the tank on Sunday. So far I have 5 pounds of sand and 4 pounds of rock in it. For flow I am running a 240GPH Koralia pump and the return flow from the hang on filter which came with the tank. I upgraded the lights to MR16 Leds . I had change out the original MR11 sockets from the hood and put in the MR16 sockets in. It was fairly easy to do. 6 screws and and a little rewiring. I ended up proping the light arm a little to get a better spread out of the lights. The MR16 Bulbs I ended up using were the Philips EnduraLED 7W Cool White bulbs that run at 4000K. Not a true Cool White as they still have a slite yellow tint to them. Believe the bulbs run at 310 lumen each. I also got some leds strip light from a local internet seller for atinics. I built a small hood for them out of acrylic . I got a blue strip and a purple one. Not to sure how this tank will do but thought I would try one out. I plan to keep mostly Zoa/Palys and some Rodactis,Ricordia and yuma mushrooms. I don't have my camera here but will try and post some pictures in the next couple of days.

Chris