Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2010, 03:14 PM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from reefermadness.....

Well since I made my first big thread debut and inadvertently caused a major **** storm, I thought I would formally introduce myself to the canreef community and maybe break the tension. Putting a side our difference of opinion in that thread I hope you guys will find me as an honest and open minded guy with plenty of knowledge on this hobby and SPS corals (specifically as my favorite.) One thing I like already like about Canreef already is that it is not heavily moderated and censored.....the thread previously mentioned is a good example of that.

so to maybe set a side some people's suspicion of my history I have been in the SW aquarium hobby for almost 6yrs now. I, like most, started with a semi small FW tank. After years of seeing SW fish at a crappy LFS I thought I would take the leap and do a FOWLR. Soon after adding fish I discovered corals....and soon after discovering corals I discovered my goal....sps tank. Jumping into SPS, along with that fact that I have moved multiple times, has made the journey more of a roll a coaster ride of success and failure but as my knowledge, willingness to open the wallet, and love for the hobby grew I started enjoying more reliable results.

My name is Darryl and if you visit other forums you may find me under the handle dvanacker or Darryl_V. Being in the hobby this long I do know a few things about the business side but I don't have enough interest to know too much and I have never felt a need to turn my hobby into my job. I did have a frag tank in my basement at one point though. Full disclosure here guys.

Anyway since this is in the picture forum I will start with a picture of my first tank which was my converted 55G (picture about April 2005). I will give you the whole progression in pics, it might take a while but should be a pretty good trip.

Love the backgroud?

Last edited by reefermadness; 11-02-2010 at 03:16 PM.