Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2010, 03:47 PM

Albertan22 is on a distinguished road
Default Duncan Coral Issues

Hi all, so I'm having some trouble with a duncan frag. I've had the frag for about a week and it's been doing really well. When I first got it, I put it down on the sand for a couple days to acclimate it to the light, then brought it up to the ledge where I wanted it to stay (about 6 inches higher). The frag seemed happy enough, the polyps were extended fully most of the time, but it kept falling off its ledge. So 2 days ago I went on a frag glueing rampage and glued down several of the frags in my tank I'd been neglecting lately. I used aquarium safe epoxy and superglue gel to secure the frag (and the others), and the frag hasn't opened up since. Every once and awhile I notice the frag starting to open up, but then it just retracts itself again before opening fully.

Other info:

The tank is 120g and has been running since August. Livestock includes 2 occelaris clowns and 4 chromis, a skunk cleaner shrimp, a peppermint shrimp, and a mantis shrimp with more lives than a cat. Coral list is: zoas, a hammer coral (other side of the tank from the duncan), an acro frag and some GSP. I run phosban in a reactor and water parameters are good. Mg: 1240, Calcium: 400, Alkalinity: 8.

Thanks for looking