Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2009, 04:28 PM

JPotter is on a distinguished road
Default Green Bubble tip anemone...not thriving

I have a pair of clowns in a 29 biocube with compact fluorescent/actinic lighting. I purchased a GBTA and put it on a rock in a bright area (I was concerned the light may be inadequate). It moved higher up and in a crevice (less light than where I had put it)..it would suck in there at night and expand during the day. The clowns initially ignored it but a porcelain crab claimed it for its own. I feed the GBTA bits of seafood 2x weekly. After a couple of weeks the clowns decided they liked it but the feeling didn't appear mutual and the anemone moved..deeper into the darkness. It still accepted food. Then it moved to the back wall..the darkest place in the tank. After a few days I removed it, carefully acclimated to my larger tanks water and placed it in on a rock close to the bottom but with good light. I cut the strong power heads so it wouldn't get too much flow. The next morning I found it in a crevice on the bottom at the side near the back of the tank. I can't reach it...can just see it. It is expanded but not fully, it is still green colored (not bleached). I tried to float some seafood in its direction but it did not grab it.
Can I do anything to help it thrive or just wait and see. If it dies will it float up to where I can get it out?
PS..I also a rose BTA in that tank...it has never moved from where I 1st put it, tolerates the clown fish and eats well...it really is quite lovely.