Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2009, 07:22 AM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

first snag and I havn't even gotten started.

I'd imagine that 10 gallons are horribly difficult to drill because they are so thin. The solution? Suck it up. Keep the 10 gallons in storage and just get a 20 gallon (30 gallon?) breeder type tank drilled.

In simple terms...

Water goes through overflow in tank directly to the sump. From there it will go through a skimmer section, bubble breaker etc and head to the Baracuda. The return line from the baracuda will be T'd off with some heading straight back into the tank and the other heading up to the frag tank. The frag tank will then drain straight back down to the sump. Frag tank will be on the middle shelf.

As far as I can tell, and I may be completely wrong, but when balling you just need three tanks or jugs whatever but they don't need to be tied directly into the system (Correct me if I'm wrong?). These will be on the bottom shelf.

The top shelf will be used for holding all the dosing stuff. Keep it neat and accessable but out of the way.
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.