Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2008, 06:47 AM

tharkema is on a distinguished road
Default Small white snails

I have been noticing a bunch of small white snails as of late and remember reading that white snails are bad while doing research on another subject. Just wondering if anyone else can confirm this for me? If they are bad what can I do to get rid of them. I would love to keep the snails if they are going to be beneficial to my tank.

Some background on my tank (new to reefing)... My tank has been up for about 2 months and I have added 2 margarita snails (died I think do to temp getting to high), 3 Astrea snails, 1 cleaner shrimp (skunk), and a blue velvet vassel (given by local fish store to help cycle tank - may give back when other fish are to be added). As for coral a pulsating xenia, and a rock with five blue mushrooms on them. Which brings me to another question the mushroom are starting to grow allready and are on a smaller rock.... is there a way to take the mushroom of the rock and transport to another area, or should I be looking at maybe getting rid of the 3-4 of the mushroom and only keeping one? Or maybe trading in the 5 I have on the small rock and trading for a single mushroom?

Any help in these matters would be appreciated with the focus being on the snails? They are all very small right now but the ones that are bigger seem to have a tanish/brown patch on there shell.

Thanks