Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2008, 06:14 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

There are many methods to fragging corals that is for sure, and the scenario you presented makes sense. That being said, above Tang Daddy makes a good point (as a potential customer), and many people would agree.

I have no difficulty discussing methods and procedures with anyone and at any time. And I agree, the intent is not to compare vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
I say this because when I frag my sps corals they are always from new growth. Example, I fragged my hot pink milli a couple weeks ago. The piece I took from the mother colony was new growth and not quite colored up yet, pretty white by comparison. True most corals maintain their color as they grow, Example monti digitata and various acros but this is not always the case with sps corals. My self I like to keep my frags after I cut them untill they start growing and color up but this is not always the case with some people. When I look at most peoples web pages with frags for sale they almost always show a picture of the spectacular mother colony and never what the actual frag looks like so you need to prepare yourself for the fact that you have to grow your frag into what is pictured. Its like saying that when I buy a couple seeds from a beautiful orchid it should look just like the mother plant when I buy them, never going to happen.

Hold on a minute, I'll quit my rambling, this sounds like a challenge. In a couple of weeks I'm willing to put my money up to this challenge and we'll see what you can deliver . And I'll post an honest reply as to what I think of what you can deliver, I'm pretty confident that I will not be dispointed either from what I have heard from other people about your quality. I will however not compare vendors as everyone has there own standards and methods and as long as they meet or exceed my expectations they are OK with me. If I have a bad experience with a vendor I will just not post anything as this isn't fair to them based on an individual experience, unless I'm disappointed several times then its pretty obvious.

Everyone has there own opinion and I would love to hear from them on this subject. Nothing beats a good healthy conversation/debate. Any words from Coral Master on this subject as I plan on ordering from you in the future too.

Thanx

Sean