Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2007, 08:03 PM

IceTurf is on a distinguished road

I took a brita filter *brand new* and let it filter the amount of water I needed. Then I took the right amount of salt *correct type of salt* and added it to the water earlier this week. I then took a hydrometer and measured to make sure my salt calculations were correct, I was a little off but I adjusted this. Yestorday my water was clear and the two clowns went off somewhere behind the live rock, today my water is no longer that clear and obviously, the effects are not good for my livestock. Just today to do the water change I took out about 20% of the water in my holding tank where I moved the clown to *contains same water as main tank* and replaced that water with new, salt water, just mixed. tested it a few times before adding it to the holding tank, disconnected holding tank from main tank and added new water which is room tempurature *same temp as my tank* Yet somehow some of my coral is still alive and some of the livestock such as fan worms and small other critters are moving around in the main tank.

Strangely all the coral that doesn't have that much light on it seems to still be alive*it actually appears after taking a closer look with a flashlight, to have the same amount of color it had when I bought it and the green coral is turning greener* (makes me suspect that my tank is flip flopping around), everything which has light on it may as well be dead. Hermit crap is either dead or not trying very hard to be alive. My clown is still alive amazingly enouhg and every while I add some more conditioner, which has stuff to help new fish. Just for the past 20 min I have had a carbon filter on in the holding tank and then I turned it off, should I turn it back on?