Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2006, 02:11 AM

dirtyreefer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up ATTN SPS Keepers! Acropora Eating Flatworms possible cure?

Most of you are aware of the damages that acropora eating flatworms can inflict on our SPS, which probably about 90% of the time causes death to most acropora and spreads like wildfire. This is like a disease, like an AIDS for acros if you will. So far there has been nothing out there that could stop this, and the only prevention was either quarantine or abstinence

I've been following a thread on RC where some reefers have been battling and experimenting on these little buggers. Up till now, nothing has worked until someone tried using Fluke Tabs as a dipping procedure before introducing into their main display. This so far seems to be a successful procedure without any harm to the coral itself. Please note that this is an "out-of-tank" treatment, and it is not recommended to be performed in your main display as it is uncertain on what the effects would be on inverts.

Fluke Tabs are dirt cheap! I bought a pack today for under $10 and tried it on a new arrival. No harm to the coral whatsoever, so I am quite excited about this treatment as it will help prevent the spread of these little bastages within our own community. Please have a look at the thread below and try to educate yourself on how we can keep this pest out of our aquariums If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post in this thread and I will try my best to help or point you in the right direction. Thank you

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...5&pagenumber=1