Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2006, 04:19 AM

Johnny Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Reefer
Default EuroReef Skimmer Questions

Calling All EuroReef Skimmer Owners,

My 180 is up and running and with the 33 gallon sump I figure I'm running 205 gallons, net.
I want to upgrade my skimming (currently running a Prism Pro Deluxe) and just doing some research. Gonna go the needle wheel route and have a few questions on the EuroReefs. (Please forgive my ignorance if one of more of these questions are simple. I've never seen an in sump skimmer in operation before and the manufacturer's websites don't really explain full details).

1). So am I correct to understand that the feed for the skimmer is directly from the sump itself and the return is back into the sump, not involving the main tank at all?

2). Space is an issue and I would prefer to go with the CS6-1, but it is rated for only 100 gallons. I recall seeing some discussion on the board previously about some skimmers inaccurately rated but I can't remember to which side that innaccuracy was deemed. Soooo....do ya think the CS6-1 would be sufficient for 205 gallons? (I don't plan for a hugely bio-loaded tank and I could always continue the Prism Pro to supplement).

Any opinions would be respected and appreciated.

Thanx much and cheers,