Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2005, 04:18 PM

BCWolfen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BCWolfen
Default Polyps, Polyps and..yes! more Polyps...

So I have all these brown polyps n my tank. It looks like 3 different species or maybe they are all the same just different colorations.

Hoping to get some info on them.

These came with my tank. My research points me towards regular Brown Button Polyps

These arrived on a rock with the Colt Coral I got from Scavenger. Again I'm assuming Regular Brown Button Polyps. But perhaps adiiferent variety than the first due to slightly different coloration/growth.

Now these confuse me the most. They also came with the tank. At first I thought they were the dreaded Aiptasia everyone talks about because they are all over the place. (Maybe they are?) But they sure don't look like any pics I've seen of Ap, and I have boiled a few fellas that I know are Ap's(Much longer tendrils, more translucent).
These lil brown guys pop up everywhere. The other 2 colonies of browns have not really expanded, but these guys will have individuals start to grow on the glass, rocks. I had put in a brand new piece of dead rock and the next morning 3 of these guys had attached to it. They concern me a little. Are they bad? A different form of Aiptasia? Gonna overgrow the entire tank?....Any input appreciated
Home:160Gal. Foxface, Yellow Tang, Blue Tang, Coral Beauty, Lawnmower Blenny, Starwberry Dottyback, Mandarin Goby, 2 Percula Clowns, Green Brittle Star, Brown Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Cleaner Shrimp
Store: 33Gal. Green Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Peppermint Shrimp