Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Coral Master

Old 07-29-2009, 10:21 PM

penelty is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to penelty
Default Some Frag Updates

Here are a couple of the frags I got from Coral master awhile ago. They have been through alot with my tank as I am new to SPS so still learning. Here are some I could get good pictures of, I got a crappy camera.

A.Selago

Rainbow Styro

A.Convexa

Garden of Eden & Christmas Sunset in the background surrounded by Purple Pallies ><
Old 07-29-2009, 11:54 PM

biocuber is on a distinguished road

Nice growth, how long have you had them?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:03 AM

cuz is on a distinguished road

looks like your making progress!!good stuff!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:58 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Great growth and colours, well done. Sweet looking stuff if I do say so myself.
The rainbow stylo is the fastest growing stylophora species of any I've experienced. Give it some room because it looks like it's ready to take off.
Thanks for the post and sharing the pix.

Greg
Old 07-30-2009, 01:12 AM

Yea the Rainbow happens to be one of the few sps that enjoys the spot its in, I have had to move some frags around as I figure out what likes where, but it is just booming. I would have posted more pictures of others that are looking good but a couple months ago I had a crash and almost lost my tank. Along with my never ending battle with watermelon mushrooms. But since the crash everything is booming, I am really happy with the Selago it is my favorite. And to fix those damn mushrooms since I cant cut them up or they will float around stinging stuff, I am using 2 part epoxy to make a blanket and cover them! It might not be the best way but the mushrooms are a plague.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:56 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelty View Post
Yea the Rainbow happens to be one of the few sps that enjoys the spot its in, I have had to move some frags around as I figure out what likes where, but it is just booming. I would have posted more pictures of others that are looking good but a couple months ago I had a crash and almost lost my tank. Along with my never ending battle with watermelon mushrooms. But since the crash everything is booming, I am really happy with the Selago it is my favorite. And to fix those damn mushrooms since I cant cut them up or they will float around stinging stuff, I am using 2 part epoxy to make a blanket and cover them! It might not be the best way but the mushrooms are a plague.
Glad to hear everything is ok now. They look great and one would never know they had recently been in a high stress environment. This a real testiment to the value of buying true aquacultured frags over the cheaper "chop-shop" frags on the market these days. True aquacultured frags are much more resilient and have a much better chance of survival when things go wrong. And yep that a.selago looks awesome!
Good luck with your mushroom control methods, I hope it works for you.

Thanks again.

Greg
Old 07-30-2009, 09:49 PM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
Glad to hear everything is ok now. They look great and one would never know they had recently been in a high stress environment. This a real testiment to the value of buying true aquacultured frags over the cheaper "chop-shop" frags on the market these days. True aquacultured frags are much more resilient and have a much better chance of survival when things go wrong. And yep that a.selago looks awesome!
Good luck with your mushroom control methods, I hope it works for you.

Thanks again.

I agree with this statement completely. Some of the $10 frags floating around are pretty chop shop.

Last edited by Oceanic; 07-31-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:41 AM

Hey Greg here are some updates of my favorites. Within the last month I started working at J&L fish store so I have learned so many more things I was doing wrong. And after fixing my dKH (was 3!) calcium (500!) and mag (1750) all to the right parameters I'm now getting the massive growth and color coming out that I have been waitin for. I was getting next to no growth for almost a year till I fixed that dKH and it was what the corals were waiting for. The first picture is an example of the change within the last month and a half. All pictures after the first are just 14k

a.selago

a.convexia

loveli

cali tort

sunset christmas tree mili

highlighter mili

purple tip validea

rainbow stylo

Hehe the Highlighter mili I got as a shred of skin from my friend right before his tank crashed. So since then its grown a ton and I'm liking the sweet color it has. I will be ordering again soon when I upgrade my tank
Cheers
Ben

Poor guy will never get out of the box

Last edited by penelty; 01-08-2010 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:16 AM

Ryan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryan

Wow you stuff is looking good. I recently bought some stuff from Greg too and was very impressed with his set up and the effort he puts into ensuring his product is nothing short of excellent.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:43 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I owuld have never known you were just learning as you have some very respectable color going on there! Having a low alkalinity to boot! Lookin good!

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 01-09-2010 at 01:46 AM.