Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-28-2009, 02:31 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough
Default T.A. Nitrate Destroyer experiences?/Vodka dosing questions

Does anyone have any experiences with T.A. (Tailored Aquatics) Nitrate Destroyer? I started using it 12 days ago and so far it doesn't seem to be doing much.

Lance I read that you were using it, and I think Tony has used it? How did it work for you? When did you start to notice it was helping? Did it help?

It's only been 12 days for me but I have almost used up the whole bottle (dosing 500g it goes quick) just wondering if it's worth it to continue or not.

We try to do a 10% water change every week but there are weeks we fall a bit behind by a few days, and with our nitrates being high I was hoping that the T.A. Nitrate Destroyer would help.

Last edited by fishoholic; 08-29-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:37 AM

i have crabs is on a distinguished road

i found it did work but was too costly on a large tank to be worth it, i went back to large waterchanges, another one i tried i think was called no-no3 and it seemed to work better
Old 08-28-2009, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i have crabs View Post
i found it did work but was too costly on a large tank to be worth it, i went back to large waterchanges, another one i tried i think was called no-no3 and it seemed to work better
Ya, I'm finding on a large tank it's going to be fairly costly, although probably not much more then what I'll have to spend on salt. I'm thinking a few fairly large water changes should help. Unfortunately I don't have a mixing tank larger then 100g and to fill that I'll have to use tap water and prime. Even then a 100g water change is still only 20% I love having 2 large tanks all plumbed together except for when it comes to dosing and water changes
Old 08-29-2009, 03:49 AM

chandigz is on a distinguished road

I was asked to test this product before market but I never really had any detectable nitrate to test it on. If I remember right, I believe it takes about 3 weeks(once full daily dose strength is reached) to really start seeing results. I know a lot of people personally that have had great results Send Brad "Tailored Aquatics" a PM. He is a great guy and I'm sure he would be happy to answer any of your questions.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:15 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Take a sniff of that stuff...smells like....a garlic shot?? That`s because that`s pretty much what it is. Vodka with garlic to cover up the smell of the watered down vodka. For cheaper benefits, try vodka dosing instead.

SPS fanatic.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Take a sniff of that stuff...smells like....a garlic shot?? That`s because that`s pretty much what it is. Vodka with garlic to cover up the smell of the watered down vodka. For cheaper benefits, try vodka dosing instead.
That's kinda what I figured it was. I want to try vodka dosing, but my boyfriend is a bit leery of it. Maybe if I research vodka dosing a bit more I can find some info that will put his mind at ease. Anyone know any good vodka dosing links? or what type of vodka is better to use then others?

chandigz thanks for the info. I believe you're right T.A. Nitrate Destroyer would take a few weeks before seeing results, and I have heard from others that it works. Unfortunately with such a large system it isn't very cost effective.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:40 PM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

ya its basically vodca dosing. if you read the instructions its the same method used. has worked for me and alge has gone down.

personally i am happy with all the products and the only other stuff i pour in is from KZ
Old 08-29-2009, 05:11 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

[quote=fishoholic;444255]That's kinda what I figured it was. I want to try vodka dosing, but my boyfriend is a bit leery of it. Maybe if I research vodka dosing a bit more I can find some info that will put his mind at ease. Anyone know any good vodka dosing links? or what type of vodka is better to use then others?

Here you are: http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/20...nftt/index.php
Old 08-29-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Thanks Lance
Old 08-31-2009, 01:17 AM

o.c.d. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I asked the Taliored Aquatic guy a while ago what the difference between Vodka and his product was and he replied buy reading what was on the bottle Bla bla, polyp extension, bla bla. Dancing around the question and never saying it is or has vodka in it. Last time a LFS tried to sell me it I asked to see their liquor license.