Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 11-27-2010, 08:49 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

LOVE the look of this tank!!! I like the middle island the best. It has these ledges and overhangs in it and really looks like a real reef. My second most favourite feature of your aquascaping is the contrast between bommies and open sand areas. The left bommie for some reason ... it is a little out of place on account it's way less busy than the other two bommies. Realize this is because of the scroll coral needs its own like that but there's something missing on that side somehow. It still looks good though, but it needs some more things around it maybe.

Last edited by Delphinus; 11-28-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Awesome like always John. I love your plating corals I wish I had both room and the corals to do that. I think a nice big swaying SOFTIE in front of the left island. I snagged a giant frag of Greg's corky finger today....that'd be sweet behind or in front of it!
Old 11-27-2010, 11:25 PM

Dez is on a distinguished road

I really like the open look John. I am excited to see HUGE colonies as they've got so much room to grow! Good job!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:50 AM

lobsterboy is on a distinguished road

thanks for the input and comps guys.

Brett I did have that in mind to do a gorg in the tank, I picked up two frags last week but havent placed them yet, I would like to try and hold out to see if i can find something i tad bigger though.

thinking on trying another couple of gobies, in particular an orange spot sand sifter and a rainford, anyone have trouble with this combo ?

I had gotten some platys from Jay (reefcanada) a while back and they have done really well, so i might be trying a few more if i can find some nice ones again.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:49 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, dumb question .. but .. platys? What are those? I've only heard that name on a FW fish..
Old 11-28-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Sorry, dumb question .. but .. platys? What are those? I've only heard that name on a FW fish..
yeah I tried adding some platys from jay's freshwater tank, they didnt like my reef very much. haha. (read sarcasm)

I meant palys.Thanks for the google spell check Tony

worlds worse speller and pronunciator see Lobsterboy

Here is my current dosing schedule for those interested

Daily:

0.5ml zeostart2, morning and night(waiting for start3 to come to the LFS)
6 drop Coral vitalizer
3 drop amino acid SPS
2ml phols xtra special

and one of the following everynight

monday: b-balance 3ml
tuesday: PIF (potassium iodide fluoride c.c.) 5drop
wednesday: sponge power 6drop + 6 drop zeofood and zeobak
thursday: iron 2drop
friday: Jodi complex 5drop
saturday:stylo pocci glow 6drop + 6 drop zeofood and zeobak
sunday: K-balance 1ml
Old 11-28-2010, 06:54 AM

Cool, thanks for that... I need to get re-edumacated on where Zeovit's at these days.. any idea what's different about start3 over start2? I can't wait to try some of this stuff out again when the new tank is ready. I don't have your knack of aquascaping, I've been at it for weeks and I've progressed to a "strong dislike" of what I've done so far, which I guess is an improvement over "hate it" but man it's a slow process.

With this new tank did you do all those dosings right away or did you ramp into all that?
Old 11-28-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Cool, thanks for that... I need to get re-edumacated on where Zeovit's at these days.. any idea what's different about start3 over start2? I can't wait to try some of this stuff out again when the new tank is ready. I don't have your knack of aquascaping, I've been at it for weeks and I've progressed to a "strong dislike" of what I've done so far, which I guess is an improvement over "hate it" but man it's a slow process.

With this new tank did you do all those dosings right away or did you ramp into all that?
ahh come on Tony, just get the drill out, some rods and expoxy and then bam. Rock work done. I dunno I guess it takes time, I did change mine out even after it was set up for a few months, start with something fresh and then go from there. It cant be that bad, can it ?

For start3, all i have read is that, it is more user friendly and that there is less chances of diatoms blooms when using this, when compared to start 2.
so less chances of over dose.
there are a few other new products that came out as well, but its the start3 that i really want to try.

yeah it pretty much ramped up to this, minus the dosing of k-balance which two months ago I was dosing quite heavy, then really turned it back.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterboy View Post
ahh come on Tony, just get the drill out, some rods and expoxy and then bam. Rock work done.
Ah the building part is easy and kinda fun, the "liking the end result" part seems to be a little more elusive. It's no "Lobsterboy" Zen I'll tell you that!!

Quote:
For start3, all i have read is that, it is more user friendly and that there is less chances of diatoms blooms when using this, when compared to start 2.
so less chances of over dose.
Neat, we'll have to watch for that. If you notice some in please post about it.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:31 PM

here are a few still pics.

I ordered some KZ blubs, so i am hoping that they will make my greens come out a bit moar.

red planet encrusted. yea boi

I still have some corals left on the right hand side that have to be removed to clean off the sand bed.