Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 04-07-2013, 09:51 PM

jason604 is on a distinguished road
Smile Anemone

Any have a bulb or retteri anemone? Or anything really pretty with nice color and size. Rbta? Please pm me with pic price and size. Thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 09:56 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Your tank is new right? I'd hold off on a nem for at least 6 months to let your tank settle.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
Your tank is new right? I'd hold off on a nem for at least 6 months to let your tank settle.
Ok thanks but is there a reason to this? Tank just finished cycling about 1-2 weeks ago =)
Old 04-07-2013, 10:46 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Your tank is like a baby, yes it's done it's cycle but you need all the good bacteria to become established. Right now there's just no more die off. I'm not good at the scientific stuff , but I know with some corals if you add to soon, they will just die and frustrate you. You are going to have swings in your parameters, you need to learn about keeping the tank stable for ca, mag and alk. I'm on my second tank and find the first 9 months to a year to be the most challenging, after that things seem to stabilize. This hobby is about going slow, start with easy corals, see how they do, then move into the harder ones. Learn to recognize when things are thriving and when something is "off". Add your cuc and a couple of fish to start. Let the tank get used to that bioload and add another fish.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:59 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Good advice^^
We were all newbies once. So we all know the feeling of having a boring looking tank and the urge to get that spectacular looking tank as soon as possible. Patience is the big key here. And as much as that guy thanks he knows at the LFS don't listen to him. I'm talking those big chain pet stores that sell all pets. Support the small stores where the owner is usually a hobbyist. Get your answers on this site by using the search key. Icon answers there than send the questions out there. There's alot of helpful knowledgeable people on here.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:40 AM

i guess ill have to wait then lol, but we all know how amazing clowns fishes look in a nice anemone!! what softies would you guys recommend that clowns will host in??
Old 04-08-2013, 04:01 AM

maron6977 is on a distinguished road

Mine host in a colt coral & love it . Took them a long time before they moved in there though .
Old 04-08-2013, 05:30 AM

Dive_dry is on a distinguished road

I have 2 anemones in my tank and my clowns don't give them a second look they host in my open brain. So just because you have an anemone doesn't mean they will host in it
Old 04-08-2013, 05:56 AM

ckmullin is on a distinguished road

when ready first throw in an anem...let it get settled and then throw in clowns. It might help for them to keep it as a host when you throw other goodies in the tank.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:26 AM

Davidbugera is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Davidbugera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
Your tank is like a baby, yes it's done it's cycle but you need all the good bacteria to become established. Right now there's just no more die off. I'm not good at the scientific stuff , but I know with some corals if you add to soon, they will just die and frustrate you. You are going to have swings in your parameters, you need to learn about keeping the tank stable for ca, mag and alk. I'm on my second tank and find the first 9 months to a year to be the most challenging, after that things seem to stabilize. This hobby is about going slow, start with easy corals, see how they do, then move into the harder ones. Learn to recognize when things are thriving and when something is "off". Add your cuc and a couple of fish to start. Let the tank get used to that bioload and add another fish.
+1