Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-05-2012, 12:42 AM

e46er is on a distinguished road
Default skimmers

a friend has a 220 G display with a 75 or 90 G sump so after displacement of rocks sand i figure this system will hold around 220 gallons

would a BBK mini 180 be big enough and outskim say a vertex 250/280? BBK would be used the vertex would be new

im leaning towards the BBK just because they are the grand daddy of all skimmers

Owner of Mountain Ridge Heating and Gas
Class A gas fitter, HVAC
Old 01-05-2012, 02:53 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46er View Post
a friend has a 220 G display with a 75 or 90 G sump so after displacement of rocks sand i figure this system will hold around 220 gallons

would a BBK mini 180 be big enough and outskim say a vertex 250/280? BBK would be used the vertex would be new

im leaning towards the BBK just because they are the grand daddy of all skimmers
A mini 180 isn't a good choice you don't get alot of contact time on these skimmers. However yes BK, Deltec, H&S are all top of the line skimmers, with Vertex the cone series following in the rear. when some one has a 220 they tend to have lots of fish to put in the tank, why because they have 220 gal of water. A Vertex 280 Imho stay away from them they have the sedra pumps and tey tend to loose power over time and its a cheap made skimmer.

Now a BK yes the Red dragon pump is impeccable however they to can calf and with the vertex skimmers they are a sound in vestment. and Deltec is in the top raves too with the Ehiem pump and dual action of 2 pumps that push high LPH.

if ya want I can chat with your friend or your self about skimmer PM me your number and I would greatly help out. Since im the SKIMMER KING

PS luck should have it that Im selling my Deltec AP 702 that is rated for 535 gal on a normal tank and on a heavy stock tank would be 400 gal and its external too.

HTH mike
Old 01-05-2012, 03:21 AM

Casey8 is on a distinguished road

Yes, he is a Skimmer King. You are lucky to get him helping you out choosing what brand is right for you.