Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-11-2012, 05:08 AM

Sumfingwong is on a distinguished road
Default Emergency! Need help!

So I have a thread going about treating ich:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81768

Looks like Herbtana (I used 75% of the recommended treatment to be safe) completely crashed my tank. Everybody looked happy yesterday, but when I came home tonight I found 1 lyretail anthia in the anemone, 2 others dead in a cave. I grab them out.. then I noticed my strongest and meanest fish that was in my sump.. dead (yellow tail damsel)

I noticed my lawnmower blenny is stressed, he later dies. My biggest anthia that was just turning into a male.. dies. My dogface puffer at one point, does into a cave puffs up to wedge himself and all of the sudden it looks like he was trying to close his eyes.. WTF!

So all in all.. very stressful night. I only had about 15gallons in water prepped, I changed the water. My skimmer is so out of wack from the meds, it just bubbles over. I took the skimmer out and put it into my fish room sink, and it runs fine on tap water (i can adjust the water level)

Oh, and my kole tang looks like his face is melting off.. I have NO idea whats going on. The UV sterilizer I bought from Golds died, there was water in the compartment where it holds the UV bulb. I rushed to Golds and they replaced the bulb. If the bulb shorted out in the tank, could that have caused all this die off? They sold me a couple of nutrifin cycle and prime, and I rush home.

I added the prime and cycle into the water I had prepped.

Sorry if this might sound bad (grammar wise) just tired, and have no idea what to do.

P.S. I don't have a QT tank. However, 2 weeks ago, I took all my old LR from my office tank and scrubbed them. The tank still has all the LR, heater and powerhead running. It only has 40% water in the tank though (lots of rocks and very little swimming room). The remaining fish seem fine but you never know.

Actually, the remaining fish are kind of begging for food.

I have another trash bin filled with a combination of RO water and tap water (combined them to get the water mixed ASAP) mixing with salt. I am hoping to do another water change in the morning.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:14 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

that sucks man......I literally just did a w/c otherwise Id offer you some saltwater.....sounds like your doing pretty much all you can do really...."the solution to pollution is dilution"
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 01-11-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
that sucks man......I literally just did a w/c otherwise Id offer you some saltwater.....sounds like your doing pretty much all you can do really...."the solution to pollution is dilution"
Thanks, would it be advisable to change the water out again?

I have about 190 net volume of water, and I only changed out about 15g (3/4 of a 20g brute trash bin)
Old 01-11-2012, 05:19 AM

Nano is on a distinguished road

Man I am so sorry to hear that. that is just awful... I still dont understand how herbtana can cause this? I double dosed my clown, and nothing bad happened.. I hope you can track down the root cause and solve the stress! I feel for you
Old 01-11-2012, 05:20 AM

Nano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumfingwong View Post
Thanks, would it be advisable to change the water out again?

I have about 190 net volume of water, and I only changed out about 15g (3/4 of a 20g brute trash bin)
Yeah probably, you only took out about 10% of the polluted water
Old 01-11-2012, 05:24 AM

bades is on a distinguished road

If you need some water, mixed and ready to go, let me know. I have about 25 - 30 gallons ready. What part of the city do you live in?
Old 01-11-2012, 05:28 AM

Look at the dogface eyes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (41.1 KB, 83 views)
Old 01-11-2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bades View Post
If you need some water, mixed and ready to go, let me know. I have about 25 - 30 gallons ready. What part of the city do you live in?
I'm in Royal Oak. Thanks so much.

I have my skimmer running in my sink right now to clean it a bit. I am just hooking it back up.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:33 AM

dogface is back out and about. So weird.

In the sink, I can control the level of the water. In the sump, it just keeps bubbling over, even if the valve gate is turned all the way to the left, turned to the right it shoots straight up into the collection cups and practically blows the lid off
Old 01-11-2012, 05:55 AM

dc4 is on a distinguished road

Same thing happens when you use flatworm exit, the skimmer goes nuts unless you do a large water change and run carbon. If you have access to carbon, I would run as much as you can in a reactor or if you don't have a reactor, find a filter stock and put it near some flow. Hope everything works out...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk