Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 11-06-2011, 10:28 PM

sask is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for some cheap mushrooms and xzenia

Looking for some cheap hardy corals ( blue or red or green stripey mushrooms and other easy hardy stuff) to start building my tank back up. It started to crash in April and is finally turning around. Turned out it was the pump that I got from Rona. It was a pond pump and after taking it apart a few weeks ago, I discovered a ring of thick rusty goo that had been leeching into my system. Very hard to see my 156g very nice system slowly decline and not be able to figure out why for 6 months. Lost all my corals, starfish, shrimp, well everything but my fish. Hard lesson learned, Make sure it says safe for salt! Anyway, I'm in Abbotsford and am looking for something fairly local. Thanks for any help.
Sask.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:50 PM

GMGQ is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to mention that I had the same thing happen with a rusting Gen-X pump recently. Luckily I caught it soon enough so that I didn't lose too much livestock. A couple that I thought were gone are actually coming back to life!

Good luck.

2016/2017 180Gallon Build Coming Soon...