Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 07-15-2011, 08:12 PM

Reefie is on a distinguished road
Default LF: Tridacna Derasa Clams

Does anyone know of any where that has Derasa Clams available in Metro Vancouver???
Old 07-17-2011, 05:48 PM

Anyone?
Old 07-17-2011, 06:02 PM

Mandosh is on a distinguished road

JL is probably your best bet. I know they had some Croceas last time I was in there.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:03 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

In the past J&L has told me that their availability is seasonal so they are not able to get them year round. I've been wanting to get one too ever since April but no one seems to have any.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 07-17-2011, 08:08 PM

apexifd is on a distinguished road

yes, I believe the last derasa shipment is over an year now. Clams are something that's available all the time. and crocea seems to be only one that's available to us these days.

OA had some squamosa in last time.

purple tang, sohal tang, yellow eye kole tang, fairy wrasse. cleaner wrasse, leopard wrasse, and misc fish.

GHL Mitras 6200HV X 2, MP40 X 2, MP60 X 1, tunze 6095 X 2, Vertex RX6 calcium reactor, Bubble King SM250, Aquamaxx bio pellets reactor, Profilux 3
Old 07-18-2011, 09:24 AM

Thanks for all the responses! I found me some Derasa's at Barrier Reef Aquariums in Renton, WA. Not the cheapest, however they HAD them. $40/each, I snagged 2 of them, they still have 2 left. Not a bad store to visit either, definitely worth stopping by if you're in the area. Saltwater City in Bellevue isn't worth checking out, don't waste your time there. Bad customer service, and kinda small without too much to look at.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:40 PM

apexifd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefie View Post
Thanks for all the responses! I found me some Derasa's at Barrier Reef Aquariums in Renton, WA. Not the cheapest, however they HAD them. $40/each, I snagged 2 of them, they still have 2 left. Not a bad store to visit either, definitely worth stopping by if you're in the area. Saltwater City in Bellevue isn't worth checking out, don't waste your time there. Bad customer service, and kinda small without too much to look at.
Barrier Reef Aquarium(BRA) is a pretty good store to check out. Price is OK, condsidering some of our store sell them at better price.

Although I do believe clams require CITES paperwork in order to bring cross the custom.

purple tang, sohal tang, yellow eye kole tang, fairy wrasse. cleaner wrasse, leopard wrasse, and misc fish.

GHL Mitras 6200HV X 2, MP40 X 2, MP60 X 1, tunze 6095 X 2, Vertex RX6 calcium reactor, Bubble King SM250, Aquamaxx bio pellets reactor, Profilux 3