Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-26-2010, 07:16 AM

cwatkins is on a distinguished road
Default Xmas gifts...?

So what'd everyone get for xmas (tank related & not!)?

Besides a new bundle of joy in the early morning of dec 22nd, I also got an Neptune Apex (lite) and a Gift Certificate.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:24 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Mostly got money which I used today at the lfs's to buy salt and a cute orange (or red?) spotted blenny. Also got pic.'s of family, some socks and dinner and movie gift cards. Doug is coming to visit tomorrow so I'll get his gift to me then, however he is getting me much needed live rock (adding a 80g refugium to my system) and he made a stand for it and he's going to help me plumb it in yay!
Old 12-26-2010, 10:46 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
Mostly got money which I used today at the lfs's to buy salt and a cute orange (or red?) spotted blenny. Also got pic.'s of family, some socks and dinner and movie gift cards. Doug is coming to visit tomorrow so I'll get his gift to me then, however he is getting me much needed live rock (adding a 80g refugium to my system) and he made a stand for it and he's going to help me plumb it in yay!
You two are sooooooo cute!!!!!!

I got nothing tank related per say but I did get some new tools that I could use to build tank related stuff. But I do get to buy myself some tank related stuff as a gift to myself and the wife. Got the wife an iPad so I got major browny points

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 12-26-2010, 10:56 PM

randallino is on a distinguished road
Angry

Canada Post or one of their contracted assistants lost my Christmas present which turned out to be a coffee grinder.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:40 AM

phi delt reefer is on a distinguished road

new camera;

new tight jeans - i dunno why but the wife loves it when i wear pants that look like my balls are in a head lock

standard Christmas sweater -though no Christmas print

Lu-Lu Lemon zip up sweater for men :huh: I dunno if i will wear this but price-tag puts it at $100...

$150 Visa Gift cards = reef stuff (need base rock)

$100 in Futureshop gift cards <-- will trade for REEF STUFF!!

Keg Gift card + a metric ton of chocolate

all in all a pretty solid "Jesus Bday" for me...
Old 12-27-2010, 12:52 AM

Nebthet is on a distinguished road

I got $200 cash to spend on whatever. which I plan on getting a couple female McCosker wrasses with.

Tripod for my camera
LG 555C BluRay player
$20 Giftcard for PetSmart
2x $50 Giftcards for No Frills (always come in handy when there is a good sale on and you have no money til payday).
bunch of home made cookies (peanutbutter, choc chip and shortbread) plus two tins of home made nuts and bolts.

and my mother paid for more than half of my macro lense when I purchased it, so I made off pretty good.
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Old 12-27-2010, 02:19 AM

Lampshade is on a distinguished road

My wife picked me up a suprize fish. She told me that i wasn't aloud to look in the tank on xmas eve. That was scary, i thought I ended up with a lion fish or something and i'd have a pile of bones left the next morning. I ended up sneaking down to the tank to take a peak, and saw a tang hiding under a rock, so i wasn't too worried anymore. I ended up with a bariene tang. It's gorgeous! I'm very happy she spoke to people and researched it. It gets big, so in 2 - 3 years I get another tank upgrade too! . haha. I also got a few gift cards for reef shops that survived about an hour into each store opening this morning.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:07 AM

TheMikey is on a distinguished road

Santa brought me a new pair of hockey skates as I was in desperate need of an upgrade. I also got a nice coat to go over my suits (which I also needed quite a bit as I seem to be acquiring new suits at an alarming pace...). Got some cash (probably no tank stuff with it though), some gloves, and a couple movies.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:11 AM

cwatkins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
My wife picked me up a suprize fish. She told me that i wasn't aloud to look in the tank on xmas eve. That was scary, i thought I ended up with a lion fish or something and i'd have a pile of bones left the next morning. I ended up sneaking down to the tank to take a peak, and saw a tang hiding under a rock, so i wasn't too worried anymore. I ended up with a bariene tang. It's gorgeous! I'm very happy she spoke to people and researched it. It gets big, so in 2 - 3 years I get another tank upgrade too! . haha. I also got a few gift cards for reef shops that survived about an hour into each store opening this morning.
That's a great gift!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:28 AM

Foxface is on a distinguished road

Koralia Evolution 1400 gph.