Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-15-2010, 06:03 AM
dstasiuk

Default Snails spawning...

Strange phenomenon tonight... I have four rather large (2+") turbo snails in my tank, along with numerous smaller different varieties of snails. Lights go down to moonligths at 10:30. Walked by the tank at 10:50 (not paying much attention), and thought "what the heck happened to the water"???? It was REALLY cloudy.

Peering through the clouds of "stuff" , I noticed that all four of the larger turbos were perched either at the very top of the overflows/glass, or at high points on the rockwork. All four of them were "spewing" clouds of "stuff"...

This is the second time I have seen this happen. The first time - if memory serves me correctly - was almost precisely 1 year ago.

Inquiring minds want to know - does this regularly occur in tanks? What precipitates it? My moon lighting is not on any lunar cycle - only a timer that "turns them on" (pun intended) at the same time every night. But somehow they have all "synchronized watches".

Another of those weird/amazing things about having a little piece of the ocean in your living room...