Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 03-21-2010, 12:57 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road
Default Bergia Nudies

Anyone in Calgary seen any of these lately? Would prefer local over shipping but I'm fed up with these stupid pests so I'm down for anything.

Anyone know if they will touch Mojenos?
Levi
Old 03-21-2010, 07:52 AM

Dolf is on a distinguished road

Nope, I've looked everywhere. I am near the point of shipping some up from the U.S as I have an outbreak. I tried to kill them with chemical kindness- now instead of dozens or hundreds I likely have thousands of small (and growing) animals.

Anyhow, I hear rumours that we may be getting some in Calgary soon, so I am waiting (at least for a bit longer...) before I do something stupid like try shipping them.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:59 PM

cuz is on a distinguished road

are these the aptasia eating nudi's?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:02 PM

no_bs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
Anyone know if they will touch Mojenos?
Levi
Not to sure on that. But to get them out, put a shell over them, and they should transfer onto it. Then take it out.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:15 PM

Nebthet is on a distinguished road

Yes, berghia nudibrachs are aiptasia eating nudis. I have been looking for these at a decent price within Canada as well to someone who will ship to my door. I don't drive so I can't go pick them up at the airport.

I know SaltyUnderground.com in the US has applied for the permits to ship these guys into Canada like they used to be able to do in the past and they are waiting for the response because my tank has gone nuts with aiptasia and nothing has worked. Joe's Juice epic fail. Aiptasia X makes them disappear for about two weeks then the same animal reappears just as large if not bigger than before. Peppermints won't touch them.

I am on my last resort and I am not willing to pay $30/animal when they are being sold in the US for $12/animal and our dollar is almost on par.

I know JLAquatics had some on sale a month or so ago at a good price, for those out west who can get shipping within 24hr by UPS, but it would have been a pick up at an airport for me.
The one seller here in Ontario has them.. the sponsor AquaValley, but they want too much for them, $28 each...

So if any of you find a good seller at a decent price who will ship to the door any where in Canada... please post it so we all know.
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Old 03-21-2010, 08:50 PM

cuz is on a distinguished road

now i don't recall the name of them but the reason i ask is our lfs here breeds them for sale. they are something new to him as he's only had them for 1 week but i recall him saying all they ate was aptasia. don't know if its the same thing your looking for tho
Old 03-21-2010, 09:57 PM

monocus is on a distinguished road
Default berghia

i just brought 20 down to j&l and have another 20 ready to go after they are gone-they are selling them for 14.95 each
Old 03-21-2010, 10:16 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocus View Post
i just brought 20 down to j&l and have another 20 ready to go after they are gone-they are selling them for 14.95 each
Thank you! Will you personally ship?
Old 03-21-2010, 10:29 PM

CanReefGuy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
Yes, berghia nudibrachs are aiptasia eating nudis. I have been looking for these at a decent price within Canada as well to someone who will ship to my door. I don't drive so I can't go pick them up at the airport.

I know SaltyUnderground.com in the US has applied for the permits to ship these guys into Canada like they used to be able to do in the past and they are waiting for the response because my tank has gone nuts with aiptasia and nothing has worked. Joe's Juice epic fail. Aiptasia X makes them disappear for about two weeks then the same animal reappears just as large if not bigger than before. Peppermints won't touch them.

I am on my last resort and I am not willing to pay $30/animal when they are being sold in the US for $12/animal and our dollar is almost on par.

I know JLAquatics had some on sale a month or so ago at a good price, for those out west who can get shipping within 24hr by UPS, but it would have been a pick up at an airport for me.
The one seller here in Ontario has them.. the sponsor AquaValley, but they want too much for them, $28 each...

So if any of you find a good seller at a decent price who will ship to the door any where in Canada... please post it so we all know.

Aqua Valley had them for $25. You might be able to bargain with him if your looking for more then 1. at $15 your likely to spend more the 10 on shipping
Good luck
Old 03-21-2010, 10:51 PM

Dolf is on a distinguished road

I will look into weather the place that I am considering ships to your door or the nearest airport; but I assume it may be the airport. @ $60, shipping is prohibitively expensive unless you need quite a few. You may be best off to bring it in from a place like J and L then have a courier company deliver it to your door (just a thought...)