Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 10-27-2010, 05:33 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road
Default And a NANO is born.... fts nov 1

well i have very slowly put together a 20G display with 10G sump.... just filled it today and no leaks so salt goes in soon... this was going to be a breeder for my cleaner shrimp but i dont know if i want this tank to be fishless.... well i still have a long cycle to go thru as the lr in there wasnt live... a week ago the rock was out side in a bucket dry.... so i guess i have plenty of time to decide what i finally want to do with this tank.... the over flow is soooooooooo ghetto... the original piece of glass was far to short so instead of cutting it out i just added a piece of glass to the top so that the water level would rise in the display... other than that the tank came out ok... i really dont mind the ghetto overflow as this tank was just one i had laying around and is a penninsula trial.... i am seeing if i like it or not.. if so i will go bigger eventually.. i will add pics tommorow...

i am also thinking this is going to be my frag tank as the lighting will be decent enough...

hardware is just and ebo heater and a oddysea return with 2 glo 2x24W hot5... oh and a euroreef rs80 skimmer...
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Last edited by ElGuappo; 11-02-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:59 PM

welli finally got a few pics taken... the glass is still a little cloudy from the silt off the sand.... but you can get an idea...

72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

Last edited by ElGuappo; 11-02-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:53 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Like the 'scaping.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:39 AM

Well its been a while and nothing has happened with this tank till today... i added two clowns... will get pics and the name tomorrow..

i guess i should add i changed the sump to a tank the same size as the display (20G) the 10 just didnt have the volume for a poweroutage...