Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-07-2009, 02:27 AM

burtonpj48 is on a distinguished road
Default Ich attack

Hello, I'm trying this product from kordon, ich attack. I'm using it on my main tank, Safe for inverts. Has anyone got good results with it. Its 100 percent organic. If anyone has tried it before. Is it best to unplug the skimmer?
Old 06-07-2009, 02:43 AM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonpj48 View Post
Hello, I'm trying this product from kordon, ich attack. I'm using it on my main tank, Safe for inverts. Has anyone got good results with it. Its 100 percent organic. If anyone has tried it before. Is it best to unplug the skimmer?
What are the ingredients of Ick Attack?
Old 06-07-2009, 03:07 AM

Default ich attack

the ingredients are 5% active ingredients(multiple natural herbals containing Naphthoquinone) 95% inert ingredients,
thats what its listings. I want to try and treat my blue tang in the main tank. Instead of stressing him out by trying to catch him and moving out my coral and live rock
Old 06-07-2009, 03:08 AM

edikpok is on a distinguished road

Is this stuff coral safe? have you tried it?
Old 06-07-2009, 03:21 AM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
the ingredients are 5% active ingredients(multiple natural herbals containing Naphthoquinone) 95% inert ingredients,
thats what its listings. I want to try and treat my blue tang in the main tank. Instead of stressing him out by trying to catch him and moving out my coral and live rock
"natural ingredients" sounds like garlic juice and 5% sounds like watered down garlic juice
You are better off going to a lfs and buying garlic extreme or to a health food store and buying garlic extract and returning the bottle to the lfs that sold it to you.

Whey risk putting something in your tank, that the seller wont tell you what it is.
I have never heard of or used the stuff.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:30 AM

Default ich attack

I got it at big al's one of the saltwater guru's who works there says its awesome stuff. I mentioned to the person at bill al's that i tried kent marine rxp in the past. They said that they pulled rxp from their shelves because, it was'nt effective. They actually have a hard time stocking this product, for some reason. suppose to treat diseases caused by ich, fungus, protoazoans and dinoflagellates
Old 06-07-2009, 05:10 AM

fkshiu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I got it at big al's one of the saltwater guru's who works there says its awesome stuff. I mentioned to the person at bill al's that i tried kent marine rxp in the past. They said that they pulled rxp from their shelves because, it was'nt effective. They actually have a hard time stocking this product, for some reason. suppose to treat diseases caused by ich, fungus, protoazoans and dinoflagellates
Sounds like it should bring about peace in the Middle East as well if you use enough of it.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:07 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkshiu View Post
Sounds like it should bring about peace in the Middle East as well if you use enough of it.

HeHeHe
Old 06-07-2009, 03:00 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

There are salt water gurus at BAs

No such thing as a reef safe ich cure....the very principal of it is impossible....the reason they are billed as reef safe is you are dosing the meds in such small amounts, to minimize beneficial bacterial die off. Any med that is designed to kill ich will also kill beneficial bacteria.
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 06-07-2009, 03:10 PM

xtreme is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
There are salt water gurus at BAs
My thoughts exactly.