Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Tailored Aquatics

Old 10-15-2008, 06:17 PM

Tailored Aquatics is on a distinguished road
Default Do you want brighter corals? We can help...

By Now you are familiar with at least some of the Tailored Aquatics line of products, so I wish to show you the links between a few of them to achieve the bright coral systems we desire.
First off, all Tailored Aquatics elements are all dosed separately as not all tanks use up elements at the same rate. All of the following must be monitored and maintained at reef system levels:
Calcium
Alkalinity
Magnesium
Strontium
Iodide
Potassium
And iron.
Second, to achieve amazing colors in our (SPS) corals, the environment must be extremely nutrient poor. This is done by increasing the bio activity in the system by dosing Nitrate Destroyer. Nitrate Destroyer stimulates an increase in a Heterotrophic bacteria and is the first step in creating a nutrient poor reef environment. These living organisms assimilate nitrates, phosphates and Nitrate Destroyer into their biomass, lowering nitrogen and phosphorus levels in the water. Excess phosphate can be eliminated at the same time by dosing Phosphate Destroyer.

Third, as nutrients drop in your system, algae will diminish and sps coral coloration will NATURALLY brighten. By this point IRON F.E. should be supplemented as an added nutrient for symbiotic zooxanthellate algae to help maintain health and growth. Once your system tests zero for nitrate and phosphate, your system may been weaned off of Nitrate Destroyer if desired, but continue dosing Tailored Aquatics dKH Plus and Calcium Plus as both of these products have (always have had) Nitrate Destroyer in as an ingredient. By using Calcium Plus and dKH plus you will continue dosing small amount of Nitrate Destroyer helping to assure a nutrient poor environment. For more product info visit www.Tailoredaquatics.com
Note- Don't forget other important aspects of reef keeping, good skimming, water changes and appropriate flow and lighting for the corals your growing!

Last edited by Tailored Aquatics; 02-20-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:29 AM

I Just thought id update this thread with a few photo's of some digitata photographed under 14k MH (which really does not show off the colors in the photos). Since their transfer to this system their color has increased x 10, going from browns and dull yellows to what you see now. The tank is extremely nutrient poor, it receives 1 cap of Nitrate Destroyer daily to maintain undetectable nitrate and phosphate levels and dosed Potassium K80 at a rate that maintains Potassium in the system at 390-
400ppm.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by Tailored Aquatics; 02-20-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:45 AM

Cameron is on a distinguished road

I love your stuff Brad!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:25 AM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Vodka..making happy russians and happy reefers everywhere

Great looking corals man.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
Vodka..making happy russians and happy reefers everywhere

Great looking corals man.
I assure you, its not vodka and results over long term will be better with this. So No sampling it please, as im sure it would make you ill.

Last edited by Tailored Aquatics; 02-20-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:53 AM

thank you both for the complements
Old 03-15-2009, 11:13 PM

Tangman is on a distinguished road

how are you testing for potassium ? I have the Potassium test kit made by Korallen-zucht.de and find it VERY VERY hard to read, to the point that you basicly have to guess the result and to me the test is useless.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:42 AM

Hey Tangman
I see That you have started this thread here http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...ight=potassium
and already have a few good replys. As "Parkinsn" has stated on that post http://www.korallen-zucht.de/files/z..._english-1.pdf Page 26 has give a picture of the results for the test kit you have.
-Brad

Last edited by Tailored Aquatics; 03-16-2009 at 03:42 AM.