Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 10-11-2008, 02:48 AM

whiteangelbw is on a distinguished road
Default FW fish for sale

3 - Columbian sharks 7-8" $15 ea
2 - Irridescent sharks 4" $10 ea
5 - Bosami Rainbows $10 ea (PENDING SALE)
1 - Gr. Tiger Barb $5
1 - sucker (can't remember what type) $5
or make me an offer

ALL SOLD

Last edited by whiteangelbw; 01-08-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:26 PM

skabooya is on a distinguished road

Just so people know Iridescent and Columbian Sharks get big and I mean big. Iridescent sharks get to be 36" in the wild and about 6-12" in most tanks but my bro in law had one in his 77gal that got to be 14" before he had to get rid of it so it could be in a bigger tank. These fish are very active and do school. They need a large tank to swim around in for them to be happy.
Columbian sharks get to be 12-14" + and need a minimum tank size of 55gal... and thats when they are still young. Columbians are brackish fish and should not be kept in freshwater despite what the lfs says. They can develop horrible skin conditions when mature fish are kept in freshwater. These are predatory fish that eat off the bottom of the tank like catfish. They can also become agressive when they become mature.
Both these sharks are not sharks at all but are a type of catfish you could say.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:59 PM

whiteangelbw is on a distinguished road

Thanks Skabooya for mentioning all that. I thought about it later and was hoping people would check out the fish online before making a decision. My Columbians are 7-8" and my 60g is getting to small for them, thats why they need a new home (+ i'm getting into saltwater). They are very active right now and do not bother any of the other fish. Have had both breeds in my tank for over 1 1/2 yrs.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 PM

skabooya is on a distinguished road

No Probs. Just thought i would make it easier for everyone search wise if they are interested. They are really interesting fish.