Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 10-02-2008, 06:28 AM

Kostas is on a distinguished road
Smile Got my cooperband butterfly fish eating after 26days!!!!!

Got my cooperband butterfly fish eating after 26days!!!!!
Just when I was losing hope and thought it would stave to death, tonight my cooperband accepted mysis shrimp.
– yet oddly NEVER eat the crab meat – muscles – malina clams (one a day) scallops I kept offering every day. That was one stressful fish to get eating. I’m just so happy he eat today…he has been in a 30g in the basement for the last week with 50lbs of live rock (covered in majanoes) since he wasn’t eating in my main tank I thought maybe he might pick at those majanos…
I wonder how long till I can move him back to my 90g…leave him in the 30g and keep feeding him for another week before putting him back in main tank?
Old 10-02-2008, 06:54 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Congrats!!!! If it were my fish I'd hold off for a month or so to make sure it's eating very very well, and is fattened up before going back in the display...as it will most likely stress a bit when it goes back in...

Old 10-02-2008, 01:46 PM

Floop70 is on a distinguished road

Congrats. Hope it doesn't do that again to you when you move it back into the 90.

I got really lucky with the copperband I got from The Reef Shoppe. It cleaned up all my aptasia within hours and was eating mysis the very next day. Sure glad I didn't have to wait almost 4 weeks for it to eat.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:28 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

After having a few fish die from not eating, I now ask the LFS to feed the tank the fish I want is in, if the fish I want eats I buy it. If it's not eating and it's a rarer fish (like my blue ring angel) I ask the store to hold it for me until the fish is eating, if it's a fairly common fish I'll wait until I find one that's already eating.

When I was at one of the LFS that had several CBB's I asked them to feed the tank. Much to my pleasent surprise four of them were eating mysis. So I ended up buying one that was arleady eating. Much easier then going through the stress of it not eating and wondering if it ever will.

I go pick up my Blue Ring Angel tomorrow at the LFS. They held it for me for the last 2 weeks, and now that it's eating I am happy to pick it up.

Nothing like spending a lot of money on a fish that doesn't eat, much easier and less stressful to check first. Glad your CBB is eating I'd wait a week then add him back into the main tank.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:51 PM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
Got my cooperband butterfly fish eating after 26days!!!!!
Just when I was losing hope and thought it would stave to death, tonight my cooperband accepted mysis shrimp.
– yet oddly NEVER eat the crab meat – muscles – malina clams (one a day) scallops I kept offering every day. That was one stressful fish to get eating. I’m just so happy he eat today…he has been in a 30g in the basement for the last week with 50lbs of live rock (covered in majanoes) since he wasn’t eating in my main tank I thought maybe he might pick at those majanos…
I wonder how long till I can move him back to my 90g…leave him in the 30g and keep feeding him for another week before putting him back in main tank?
I would leave her in as long as you can as the move will stress her again.
See if she will eat selcon/garlic soaked foods to build up her energy and then you continue to feed that when you finally do move her.