Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-18-2008, 09:24 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough
Default Cyclop-eeze

I was wondering how nutritional is cyclopeeze? It's the only thing right now that our last remaining anthias will eat. I've tried pellets, mysis, garlic soaked mysis and the anthias wont touch it. I figure cyclopeeze is better then nothing, but it doesn't seem like much to eat. Any ideas anyone? We do have lots of pods in the tank, but I don't know if the anthias is eating them or not. So far the anthias looks healthy but since I've already lost 2 others I want this one to live.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:53 PM

untamed is on a distinguished road

Anthias are built to eat nearly constantly. They'll do best with multiple small feedings per day.
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436
Old 02-18-2008, 11:26 PM

justinl is on a distinguished road

well it doesn't seem like you have much choice either way does it? luckily, cyclops is pretty good as afar as fish food goes. The anthias is probably eating your pods and subsisting mostly on that so it might be a good idea to have a refugium to be sure pods will always be around. As brad already mentioned, anthias are built to eat little bits, many times a day... at least three small feedings a day wouldn't be out of order imo.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:06 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinl View Post
well it doesn't seem like you have much choice either way does it? luckily, cyclops is pretty good as afar as fish food goes. The anthias is probably eating your pods and subsisting mostly on that so it might be a good idea to have a refugium to be sure pods will always be around. As brad already mentioned, anthias are built to eat little bits, many times a day... at least three small feedings a day wouldn't be out of order imo.
Thanks for the info. We do have a fuge with lots of pods in it so hopefully that helps.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:19 AM

fishmaster is on a distinguished road

Cyclopeze is highly nutritious, a varied diet would be better but good thing they like something of good value. You could try soaking it in selcon once in a while to add to it.