Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 05-29-2007, 02:02 AM

Sam1969 is on a distinguished road
Default My First Tank

ok .. Its my first tank, so if you see somthing I'm doing wrong .. LET ME KNOW PLEASE.

44 gal main tank, drilled with 20 gal sump, 2 x 250 MH, moonlights, seaclone skimmer, 80lbs of LS, and only 10 lbs of LR so far.. ( looking for another 50 lbs ).

I bought most of the setup second hand and had to build a new stand and hood to accomodate the lights. re-plumb the entire tank and sump ( glad thats over ) have had the tank running with LS & LR for about a week now. Getting anxious to put more rock in so I can start putting in some coral.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:12 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Sounds good so far except maybe the seaclone skimmer. No experience with one personally but I havent read very many good things about them.
I think with a couple mods some guys have got them working well.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:50 AM

Ruth is on a distinguished road

Sounds good so far Sam1969. You will definately need more live rock but you already know that Maybe try and post a couple of pictures and people will be able to help you out a bit.
One thing you will have to be mindful of with 2 250W MH lights over a 44g tank is that you will have to manage heat and there are a variety of ways to do that from a chiller to fans to ice to....etc..... you get the picture.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:32 AM

kwirky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
Sounds good so far Sam1969. You will definately need more live rock but you already know that Maybe try and post a couple of pictures and people will be able to help you out a bit.
One thing you will have to be mindful of with 2 250W MH lights over a 44g tank is that you will have to manage heat and there are a variety of ways to do that from a chiller to fans to ice to....etc..... you get the picture.
just put some duncans in there. you'd have such a cool tank you wouldn't need a chiller