Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 03-31-2006, 05:26 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road
Default Red Slime Remover

I forget the exact name of this product. Chemiclean? Something along those lines?

Does anyone know a place in Calgary that sells this? I have cyano that keeps coming back, I am fed up.. I just want a quick fix for now... it's covering the back wall of my tank as well as a couple rocks. I siphon it out regularly (sometimes daily) but it keeps returning with a vengeance. I just want a quick fix so I don't have to keep looking at it.

Anywhere in Calgary with this stuff??

TIA
Old 03-31-2006, 05:31 PM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

Scott,

Did you do the basting thing I suggested to clear up your cyano problem? If so, how often did you do it?

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel
Old 03-31-2006, 05:38 PM

SJSobczyk is on a distinguished road

Scott,

I think i have some chemi clean kicking around. Not sure how much but i can leave it in my mailbox for you if you want? I am out of town this weekend....

Steve
Old 03-31-2006, 05:42 PM

Bev,

I don't recall you giving me instruction on removing cyano?? But I do remember you saying "baste the sand and rocks and put a sponge in your AC500, etc, etc" Maybe that's what your referring to.

I prefer not to blow around the cyano just in case it attatches to other rocks and starts spreading there as well... although, I did do the basting of the sand and wow! tank looked like crap, but the sponge took out a lot of junk. There is far too much debris and detritus in my tank to continue doing this... the gunk just eventually settles on my corals and rock.

Steve, I'd like to take you up on that offer but I am not sure if I can make it down to your neck of the woods this weekend , have parents coming back from Hawaii and will be busy tonight and tomorrow during the day. Really appreciate your offer though !
Old 03-31-2006, 05:44 PM

SJSobczyk is on a distinguished road

Alright not a problem, still have 1/4 of a bottle left so if you need it down the road let me know.

Steve
Old 03-31-2006, 05:48 PM

Awesome, thanks man.

*edit* How did this stuff work for you BTW? And did you purchase it locally? Thanks again.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:56 PM

danny zubot is on a distinguished road
Default reply

You can boil it the same way you would with aptasia. I only recommend doing that if you first catch it, when its small. Other wise don't, because you will run the risk of spreading it around the tank.
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041
Old 03-31-2006, 06:09 PM

I've tried boiling cyano, no luck. I've tried boiling aptasia, no luck.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:17 PM

adidas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to adidas

i got rid of my cyano by tearing down tank, cleaning everything, doing 100% water change and leaving lights off for about a week and a half. i also dumped the sand cleaned the tank out and went BB.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:48 PM

As mentioned.... looking for a quick fix. Just tired of looking at it for now. I am upgrading tanks fairly soon.. I'll do my best at removing all pest algaes at that time.

Thanks for the suggestion though