Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 12-31-2006, 02:08 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road
Default m verricossa

m verrucossa?
I already posted the green on another thread but wanted them here together as it is now fading to a pale green and the blue polyps have turned purple. Does the green turn yellow with age? Anybody know? Are they the same? If so I have 2, but one's sort of yellow & one's green.

greenish one

yellowish one

Greg

Last edited by Snappy; 12-31-2006 at 04:08 AM. Reason: spelling errors, screwed up the title too
Old 12-31-2006, 05:58 AM

kari is on a distinguished road

What is the source of this coral if you don't mind the question? I'm just curious since there has been a few frags of one coral received locally at Gold(about 10 months ago) and it seems every one has turned a differant color. From what I seen it started out white with blue polyps. That's if it's the peice I'm thinking of. Mine can't seem to make up it's mind what color it wants to be.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:37 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari View Post
What is the source of this coral if you don't mind the question? I'm just curious since there has been a few frags of one coral received locally at Gold(about 10 months ago) and it seems every one has turned a differant color. From what I seen it started out white with blue polyps. That's if it's the peice I'm thinking of. Mine can't seem to make up it's mind what color it wants to be.
What colour is yours? How about a picture.
Both these pieces came from two different sources neither of which likely got it from Gold's.(but who knows for sure?) The yellow piece I got fom a fellow reefer about 10-11 months ago and it was brown at the time, the other piece I got from a buddy a couple or 3 months ago who said it would eventually turn yellow but it was bright green when I got it. They both look pretty similar in the pictures but in the tank the green one is still quite green.

Greg