Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-27-2015, 02:10 AM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road
Question Netflicks

Who out there uses netflicks " the good the bad and wondering if I should or not" with some feed back please.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:24 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

My wife and sister-in-law share an account. Don't think that's really permitted but whatever. I've used it a couple times myself but I don't have any feedback to give. No new movies last time I checked but that may have changed. It's pretty cheap, cost wise. Depends how much watching you will do.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:34 AM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

I use it, not every day, and I like it.
As said, cheap. They come out with new (to them) movies every month.
A lot of good documentaries for sure as well. And old tv series/episodes.
Send me a pm of the movies you would like to see and I will check to see if they are available in netflix
Old 09-27-2015, 03:32 AM

reefwithareefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy View Post
Who out there uses netflicks " the good the bad and wondering if I should or not" with some feed back please.
I use the Roku 3 to get netflix (US) and watch downloaded movies from home network. I barely watch any other channels, TV. I could probably just cancel my cable. I also use to use my Ipod to stream Netflix. Worked great.
I pay 8 bucks a month, can not really go wrong with that. I get 4 accts for that amount, but heard they changed some things for new users.
Telus has netflix as part of the package, but I think they monitor bandwidth on that channel and then charge for overages.

Last edited by reefwithareefer; 09-27-2015 at 03:35 AM.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:14 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

If you don't mind long periods of inactivity where you're huddled around the TV screen surrounded by empty cheeto bags and jars of pee then you'll love it! It really depends on the kind of person you are. Do you enjoy starting a series the binge watching it to the end of the fifth season? There is a certain sense of accomplishment you feel when you have burned 30 hours of your life to through House of Cards. In all honesty the Netflix original programming is great! House of Cards and Daredevil have been some of my favourites.

It's cheap, you can share with others (on the downlow), and you can cancel if you don't like it. Go for it.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:13 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
If you don't mind long periods of inactivity where you're huddled around the TV screen surrounded by empty cheeto bags and jars of pee then you'll love it! It really depends on the kind of person you are. Do you enjoy starting a series the binge watching it to the end of the fifth season? There is a certain sense of accomplishment you feel when you have burned 30 hours of your life to through House of Cards. In all honesty the Netflix original programming is great! House of Cards and Daredevil have been some of my favourites.

It's cheap, you can share with others (on the downlow), and you can cancel if you don't like it. Go for it.
LOL. Well said!

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 09-27-2015, 04:36 PM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

And depending on what device you use you can hack it to get US Netflix and have much more selection...
Old 09-27-2015, 04:59 PM

duncangweller is on a distinguished road

I use it all the time and like it. There are lots of films on there I haven't seen, whether they are new or old it doesn't really matter if you haven't seen them yet! Worth a few bucks I'd say.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:27 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

I have both Netflix and Shomi and use both regularly biggest difference between the two is licensing agreements as Shomi shows a lot more current TV shows and nostalgic films while Netflix has a much larger library about 15x the size of Shomi's library and has a much wider selection to choose from including foreign, documentaries, special interest and general interest.

However the Canadian version of Netflix has tighter restrictions of current programming in Canada while Shomi uses both Shaw and Rogers libraries for shows

In the end both IMO are worth watching for 10 bucks a month a piece
Old 09-27-2015, 10:54 PM

input80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post

+1