Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-16-2014, 04:17 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road
Default Poker nite - fundraiser

A dear friend of mine lost his wife this past Thursday in a tragic accident. He has been left to raise his two children ages 11 and 9 alone. We are organizing a poker fundraiser for him to help with getting services in place to help with domestic stuff around the house so he can focus on more important things.

I am reaching out to see if anyone would be interested in joining us for a fun night for a good cause. Tentative date is March 8, more details will follow.

This is not reef related I realize, but I have met some amazing people here and maybe this could be a different reef meet. I know there's one scheduled for March 1, but I thought I'd throw this out there anyway.
Thanks
Old 02-21-2014, 09:25 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
A dear friend of mine lost his wife this past Thursday in a tragic accident. He has been left to raise his two children ages 11 and 9 alone. We are organizing a poker fundraiser for him to help with getting services in place to help with domestic stuff around the house so he can focus on more important things.

I am reaching out to see if anyone would be interested in joining us for a fun night for a good cause. Tentative date is March 8, more details will follow.

This is not reef related I realize, but I have met some amazing people here and maybe this could be a different reef meet. I know there's one scheduled for March 1, but I thought I'd throw this out there anyway.
Thanks
Here is the update - February 28 at the Sunnyside/Hillhurst Community Centre

Additional details regarding the poker night.

Tickets will be sold at door. $40 for players and $20 for spectators. Prizes will be determined once we have final count of players.

There will be rebuys and top ups allowed ~details at the event.

Doors and bar will open at 6:00, the tournament will start at 7pm SHARP!

If you'd like more information, please feel free to pm me.

I know this is the night before the Calgary reef meet, so I don't expect anyone to actually make it out, but the invite is there anyway.

Cheers
Sheena