Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 02-09-2011, 02:45 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road
Talking Big ProfiLux update

Its been a long time since updating CanReef with all things profiLux so i thought i would hit you all with the big advancements in one thread.

Vortech Pump Control
For sometime now GHL have had on market the module that works with profiLux 3's to control up to 11 Vortech pumps per module wirelessly. The module goes one step further than other controller options as it not only allws all Vortech wave modes but also GHL wave modes, thus enabling the user to have different cyceles at different times during the day, this really unlocks the power of your Vortech's. Please contact dealers for GHL packs with Vortech pumps included.

PLC6 software
The next important thing to mention is the launch of PLC6, this is the FREE standard version of GHL's latest .NET framworked software, although still in Beta testing at user level the software is getting rave reviews and is by far the most intuitive software available for controllers. The software will eventually have 2 versions, standard and Pro, the Pro which is designed for the more demanding of users will have a small charge. Why? The software cost above $50,000 to develop and continues to be delveoped. Remember the very advanced standard version i FREE as always.

To get your hands on this software please visit the download section of www.aquariumcomputer.com

LED advaancements at a huge rate
GHL play nice with most LED systems, added to that list now is Pacific Sun, but it does not stop there, Ecoxotic also are huge supporters of GHL.

This has gone a lot more steps forward with the launch of the first ever PWM module allowing PWM drivers to be controlled over ProfiLux enabling DIY LED builders to have the full functionality for their home systems of storms and flashes. The PWM module is also required to operate Pacific Sun LED systems and others.

Aquarium Illuminations
Ai remain great partners to Both GHL and Aqua Digital Inc and we are pleased to announce GHL ProfiLux can now control the 3 channel Ai SOL Blues, all you need to do is update your prrofiLux with the latest firmware and software.

Please find below the technical bulletin for the GHL LED-Control4
The Contro4 module allows the use by both LED manufacturers and DIY-ers to hook their PWM controllable modules up to ProfiLux enabling full control of multi diming channels and effects such as "inependant control" of storms and or cloud cover.

Active module

Passive Module

Docs will be available for download from the official support website shortly.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

I do love how this is an ever-evolving product line. No stagnation which I find really appealing.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:10 PM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Mike where's the best place to read up on the PLC6 software to find out whats it all about or can you explain here ?

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:31 PM

The below info shows the early release of PLC6, all language translations have been updated with the latest version as well as even more advanced features

here is the direct link to the latest software and firmware
http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...h/sections.php

The following pictures show two Screenshots as a little preview about our new RibbonBar User-Interface. This is not only more intuitive but also has a whole list of new features.

The following functions are new and added to the long list of already known
features of ProfiLux Control:

Multiple Connections to different ProfiLux Computers (Multi-ProfiLux) (NEW!)
Value Matching per muliple floating windows (NEW!)
Metering Database (NEW!)
Graphical analytics of the metering database (NEW!)
Diagrams with selectable diagram types (NEW!)
Export to Excel, XML, CSV (NEW!)
Save Diagram-Screenshots (NEW!)
Direct Fileupload to ProfiLux per integrated TFTP-Client (NEW!)
Printfunction for data tabled (NEW!)
Logbook (NEW!)
Message Monitor for outgoing mail (NEW!)
Own LAN-Webcams with auto-reload (NEW!)
Foreign LAN-Webcams with auto-reload (NEW!)
Design changeable (Themes) (NEW!)
Live-Diagram (NEW!)
Resizable floating windows (NEW!)
Status-Overview with all info about your PL (NEW!)
Feedbreak with resttime display in PLC (NEW!)
Define scenarios and save them (NEW!)
Step-Control of dimmable lights in manual mode 0% till 100% in 10% steps (NEW!)
Category "Modules"for all extension modules (NEW!)
Filebrowser for user files (NEW!)
Extended system overview for all connected devices (NEW!)
ProfiLux Newscenter für daily news about our products (NEW!)
Zoom of diagrams (NEW!)
New user interface in RibbonBar Style (NEW!)
Tabbed windows (NEW!)
Integrated webbrowser for displayig PL3 Homepage, RSS-Feed, etc. (NEW!)
Context-Help in german and english (NEW!)
Dynamic resizing of windows (NEW!)
Backup of descriptions and all description editable in XML-format (NEW!)
Mail-Address check (plausibility) (NEW!)
Status mailsending per ProfiLux (NEW!)
Module overview (NEW!)
Statusdisplay Opmode (NEW!)
Runningtimediagnostics for Webserver (NEW!)
Aqua gauge display of measured values (NEW!)
Old 02-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Very interesting on the LED modules. I am planning a big LED build for my new tank (already have about 200 LED's) and these may edge me towards the future purchase of a Profilux.
On the active module, are they saying that you can use the module rather than constant current drivers? How many watts would channel provide?

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:04 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I have a few questions about Profilux's, apologies if this is not the most optimal place to ask them but since you brought it up, it jogged my memory so here they are.

The Vortech and GHL wave control modes, can they be applied to Tunze's as well? I would love to be able to switch a gyre's major flow direction every 6 hours by altering the min and max's for multiple units.

Can the controller's be purchased without the basic package of probes? Everytime I look into this it's always that you get a pH probe and an orp probe and a temperature probe and then the various packages add onto that. If all I wanted was to control my lights and timers, is this option available as a custom package or is one stuck with having to buy all those probes? I could maybe see switching out my Ranco temperature controller but pH and orp are things I haven't had to be overly concerned about over the years and I can't really see that changing going forward. I should add that the reason I would like to use a controller for my lights is that I have at least 3 levels of light intensities right now (staggering lights, pretty standard stuff) but the lights themselves are spread over three seperate 110V circuits for load balancing purposes (which is maybe not so standard). I would love a powerbar controlled by a Profilux that allows me the same circuit feed options since it would be nice to lose the individual timers whose clocks are currently drifting apart. The only problem is I'm afraid this is a very expensive option (please correct me if I'm wrong) as I think I need three controlled outlet bars in this case. Whereas a DIY option might involve a $100 simple PLC and a handful of 12V/110V relays but where that would fit the bill nicely it would just not have the nerd appeal of a Profilux but I'm really curious what the appeal is worth, dollar wise, in this case?

(Please feel free to reply in PM if that is the better approach..)

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:59 PM

Hi

Yes GHL control Tunze with more options than the Tunze controller comes with, all you need is the very cheap GHL-Tunze cable, one cable per Tunze stream.

Yes you can buy the controller on its own, it comes with the temp probe as standard and RS232 cable. the beginner pack comes with Temp and pH probe and power bar, you really do need the power bar and as the pH probe and temp probe are supplied for free, I would opt for one of the beginner packs. Only the higher end packs come with more probes such as the elite and ultimate pack.

You definately can have the same feed options for you lamps with GHL you just use the high amp power bars that run on sperate voltage circuits but you a switching signal from the main power bar to switch them on.

Cost wise, give progressive reef a call tomorrow and ask for Gareth.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 02-10-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
Very interesting on the LED modules. I am planning a big LED build for my new tank (already have about 200 LED's) and these may edge me towards the future purchase of a Profilux.
On the active module, are they saying that you can use the module rather than constant current drivers? How many watts would channel provide?
The module is the interface between the ProfiLux and driver it does not replace the driver, the PWM module is the device to convert the analogue 1-10V signal to digital PWM.

The channel does not provide any watts but you can only draw a certain amount of watts through it based on the data sheets above.

A channel = one controllable line to the driver i.e your control line (channel) for your blues

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 02-10-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Thanks...I think I get it now...it just didn't show the drivers in the active version while it did in the passive one...so that got me confused.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:04 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Thanks for the info!