Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-22-2010, 03:19 AM

Scubasteve23 is on a distinguished road
Default help with light issue if possible

So one of my lights on my aqua medic ocean light just recently died. I figured it was just a bad bulb, so i ordered a new one. Well the new bulb arrived late on Sunday and i finally got some time to change it today. i went to change the light and the one connector basically had disintegrated. Has anyone ever seen this before? the light is 2 years ago's model but has less then a years worth of use on it. Should the connectors have gone that fast? Now its Christmas and i cant get a hold of Aqua-medic..ugh... and my corals were just starting to grow well...just cant win..haha..any ideas would be appreciated
Old 12-22-2010, 03:22 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubasteve23 View Post
So one of my lights on my aqua medic ocean light just recently died. I figured it was just a bad bulb, so i ordered a new one. Well the new bulb arrived late on Sunday and i finally got some time to change it today. i went to change the light and the one connector basically had disintegrated. Has anyone ever seen this before? the light is 2 years ago's model but has less then a years worth of use on it. Should the connectors have gone that fast? Now its Christmas and i cant get a hold of Aqua-medic..ugh... and my corals were just starting to grow well...just cant win..haha..any ideas would be appreciated

exact same thing happened to my 72" aquamedic i went to put new bulbs in and the connectors just fell to rubble and literally dust. i ended up taking the light apart for parts but i was pretty ****ed.... i ended up bringing the bulbs back and putting that money towards a different light.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:24 AM

AquaticFinatic is on a distinguished road

That sux Steve that is always the way. Seriously though it shouldn't have failed this early if at all! I have no ideas what you can do apart from what I did get to the depot and by a cheap light unit to tide you over.

Loudest part of my system would be the nagging sound I hear on a regular basis about how much time and money I spend on the tank.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:27 AM

the only problem is that i have some sps that will not do well under crappy light..ugh..i hope aquamedic gets back to me asap..im going to try and just run the one side and move my sps to that side of the tank. ill just leave the other side off i guess untill i can figure it out
Old 12-22-2010, 03:50 AM
Vendor

BlueWorldAquatic is on a distinguished road

Standard problem with AM fixtures about 2-3 years old.

Contact them, and they will usually send you a replacement at no charge.

Ken

Store Location

Twitter

Facebook
Old 12-22-2010, 03:54 AM

Thanks Ken, You dont have any direct contact #'s or names do ya?