Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-05-2012, 12:28 AM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road
Default Center For Food Safety – Guidelines For Buying Non-GMO Foods In Your Local Stores pdf

Center For Food Safety – Guidelines For Buying Non-GMO Foods In Your Local Stores – Download PDF Guide – 4 October 2012
http://truefoodnow.files.wordpress.c...pers-guide.pdf
The True Food Network is the [CFS] Center For Food Safety’s grassroots action network where concerned citizens can voice their opinions about critical food safety issues, and advocate for a socially just, democratic and sustainable food system.
SPECIAL NOTE [from CFS]: This guide was compiled based on company statements, not genetic testing. Any product labeled as Non- GMO indicates that its manufacturing process is designed to avoid GMOs, but consumers should be aware that GM contamination is possible due to natural pollen movement, weather events, seed contamination, or human error. Hence there is no guarantee such products are 100% free of GMOs.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:24 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Sweet!

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:23 PM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road
Default New video about GMO

From NaturalNews web site:

There is a conspiracy of oppression taking place right now against free speech about GMOs. Just this week, YouTube censored a whistleblower video that exposed Whole Foods employees lying about the fact that Whole Foods sells masses of genetically modified foods and is therefore a significant financial supporter of Monsanto.

It is now perfectly clear that this video was censored because of its truthful message, not because it actually violated any real terms of service with YouTube.

That's the reality in which we now live: Telling the truth about GMOs is practically a crime. The mainstream media, meanwhile, refuses to cover the truth about GMO dangers. And the U.S. government itself is, of course, completely sold out to corporate interests and thus won't warn the American people about GMOs, either.

We quite literally live in an age so bizarre and irrational that the simple act of warning fellow citizens about poison in the food is now systematically suppressed. The status quo wants you to eat your poison, shut up, stop asking questions and check yourself in at the nearest for-profit cancer center once those tumors start to show up.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/037438_GM...#ixzz28Syd7CTs
http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=9F...A25BD9C65A5C9B
GMO Ticking Time Bomb - Gary Null - Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAL_AMdMXqY
Old 10-05-2012, 10:30 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

What you say about the new GMO Nemo's
Old 10-06-2012, 07:36 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjef View Post
What you say about the new GMO Nemo's
Depends on how we're defining GMO here I suppose. Are these clown fish selectively bred, or were they genetically manipulated (e.g. insertions, deletions, adjustments, etc.) at the gene level by someone in a lab? Really, I don't know, I have done zero research on the clowns, so I don't know. Those would be my first questions at least to start.

The concern with GMO vs. Selective Breeding, that I have, is that GMO comes across as cross-species genetic manipulation, and realistically none of these genes could come together in nature by chance alone (at least not for a very very very long time). However when one looks at selective breeding its manipulating genetic information that is already there, there is no introduction of stuff that "can't take naturally" on its own. Then there is the whole discussion on labelling and disclosure, which is a large subject in and of itself.

Does that answer your question?