Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > DIY

Old 08-29-2010, 03:09 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road
Default Who likes working with wood, cost to build me a canopy?

I basically suck at working with wood. I don't have the patience. I can work with metal just fine, but wood well I have issues sometimes. So, I want a canopy to house gthe 3 250W MH and add some T5's or LED strips. I was thinking a simple flip top like in post # 10 here http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...t=canopy+plans

I could build the canopy if I really have to, it won't be nearly as pretty LOL. My main thing is the door's. I can't build those for sure. Anyone in BC like working with wood? How much would a canopy like that cost to have built? It's a 60" x24"x24" tank Lights about 10" off water, maybe a little more? 15" total canopy height maybe?

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 08-29-2010, 04:25 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Later in the winter when I'll no doubt be out of work I could probably take it on. A cabinet shop could build it for you too. Minimually you'll want to get one to build the doors if you want really nice ones like what are in the link.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 08-29-2010, 04:30 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Doors can be easy, go to a re-store and see what they have for doors and if any will fit for what you want. the other option is to go to a kitchen place and ask if they have any spare doors. I got mine for 5 bucks each this way. then build the ret to match the doors you buy.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:32 AM

monocus is on a distinguished road
Default canopy

i can build you anything you want-price depends on the material you want it made of.i usually charge the same as the material-so if your material is $100 then the canopy would be $200