Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-17-2010, 02:29 AM

pelle31 is on a distinguished road
Default Brodeur/Kipper/Luongo Revisited

Ok so we are a little better then halfway through the season. And I remember all the Flames haters hatin on our beloved Kipper. Well here are the stats. I really shouldn't have Brodeur in here but he was talked about as well.
Stats as of tonight
Player Team GP GS W L OT SA GA GAA Sv Sv% SOG A PIM TOI
1 Martin Brodeur NJD 44 43 29 13 1 1190 92 2.14 1098 .923 6 0 2 2 2,576:33

7 Miikka Kiprusoff CGY 42 42 23 13 6 1209 89 2.15 1120 .926 3 0 0 0 2,484:05

8 Roberto Luongo VAN 40 39 23 14 2 1105 89 2.30 1016 .919 3 0 0 0 2,318:59

Looks like Kipper pulled his numbers up this year. And my,my my look whose numbers that aren't so great Luongo. Thank God Brodeur will be our Olympic starter. All in all still pretty good numbers. Its just nice to see Kipper ahead of Luongo.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:50 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Kipper isn't normal this year and I don't think his stats are a fair comparason to last years.. the changes the flames made befor playoffs last year and this year make kipper look a lot better than he is. a solid defence core can make any goalie look good, and thats what happening in Cow town. most of the shots kipper faces are not that hard to stop which means the defence are doing there job.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:59 AM

Are you a Canucks fan? This statement almost made me pee my pants " most of the shots kipper faces are not that hard to stop" I don't know if you watch any of the Flames games but its been Kipper that has kept the Flames in alot of games this year. Yea we have a pretty decent "D" but they still have their breakdowns.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:43 AM

fkshiu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelle31 View Post
Thank God Brodeur will be our Olympic starter. All in all still pretty good numbers. Its just nice to see Kipper ahead of Luongo.
Thank God Kipper will be the goalie when Canada plays Finland - all we have to do is lob pucks from our own side of center ice to score.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:16 AM

Ian is on a distinguished road

WELL, Kipper's number do look better this year and even for a flame hater like myself he does look better but in the end he is a goalie that has yet to winn the big ones for his team. He 1 great run in the playoffs and has done nothing in them since. This year the Kipper and the flames will only be considered a success if they raise a cup and so far they can't best Colarado so the jury is still out.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:04 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think any real knowledgeable Canuck fans are going to try to argue your points because they will look at it this way...Luongo has not had a great season by his standards (until recently), meaning Kiprusoff isn't necessarily getting better but more likely Luongo slipped a little back to Kiprusoff's level. I would have to check last years numbers but I'm not really interested.

Based on your statement that Kipper has pulled his numbers up, you have checked and he is better than last year? Make sure you check the past 4 years or so though because I don't think his GAA last year was very good. I do believe his career numbers came about 2-3 years back and he has regressed since then.

I wouldn't have posted Brodeurs numbers if you are trying to make your fav goalie look good. He's untouchable.

Speaking of team Canada though, what happened to all the Flames d-men? I was under the impression from Flames fans that they were going to make up half the defensive core...I didn't see any of them on the roster.

Last edited by GreenSpottedPuffer; 01-17-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:21 AM

Ian is on a distinguished road

rumor has it 2 of those d-men don't like each other and team Canada didn't want the Drama.....

Old 01-17-2010, 12:54 PM

Ahhhh I knew the Canuck fans would come out of the woodwork. I suppose you have your little green lasers as well

"but in the end he is a goalie that has yet to winn the big ones for his team" And Luongo has done this for Vancouver? I'm not sure but I don't think he has his ring does he?
Old 01-17-2010, 01:39 PM

wayner is on a distinguished road

If it wasn't for Kipper, Flames would be dead last , as far as having a really good defense core, makes me laugh, Kippers looking at 40 shots a game on most nights and stnds on his head.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
If it wasn't for Kipper, Flames would be dead last , as far as having a really good defense core, makes me laugh, Kippers looking at 40 shots a game on most nights and stnds on his head.
Thank you!!