Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2012, 07:26 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road
Default LF: Live Adult Brine Shrimp (urgent)

I've been doing battle with a picky anthers for the past couple of weeks. I started the pair of them on live brine and thought I got both of them onto cyclopeeze and the odd mysis, though it seems only the smallest one is taking the frozen foods. I shut down my brine shrimp operation once I thought I was in the clear. The big one isn't taking anything I've been throwing in there and is beginning to show signs of starvation (not in physical traits but behavior).

However, my cleaner shrimp hatched eggs the other night and the big anthias was going after them like a champ. This is good, he's still eating... Just not eating what I'm trying to feed him. It seems he was live foods in the 1 to 5 mm range. Bugger. I've restarted the shrimp hatchery bit it'll take me a week before I'm close to adult size brine shrimp.

Does anyone have an adult brine culture or know where I can get some to tide the anthias over until my is up and running again?