Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-24-2011, 10:46 PM

BMahura is on a distinguished road
Default Help with reaquascaping

I am looking to reaquascape my tank because i am just not happy with the way my LR is. I am unsure what is the best way to go about doing this though. Should i remove my fish and coral or just keep them in the tank.
Aldo i am looking at a new design for my tank. i have a 55 gallon tank and about 60 pounds of LR.
Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:11 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

I redid once around a water change. Filled up some tubs with the waste water, left some coral/rock in the tank, other pieces to the tubs, some just left out t on a sheet of plastic. Fish stayed in the tank the whole time.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:38 AM

cathyg_99 is on a distinguished road

i left mine in the tank and just did it at water change time so not all the water was in the tank i did take a clown out though because he nips you
Old 06-25-2011, 12:49 AM

Wayne is on a distinguished road

You just have to be careful with moving the bottom peices because you can stir up one heck of a storm of detrius. I would shut the flow off in the tank, remove about 25% of the water into buckets, stick your rock and corals into those buckets, then do a little sucking to get rid of the nasty stuff that has been undoubtly disturbed and then re-reefscape.

Fill with new saltwater and it might not hurt to dose some sort of stablility chemical to help get your parameters in check faster. Also make sure to do water testing to make sure nothing creeps up on you and bites you

Asuming you have hardy fish they should survive, but if you can get them out it will be better for them.