Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-16-2011, 04:08 AM
Banned

spawn is on a distinguished road
Default Vancouver Fans

The unfortunate part is that the fans would've likely rioted even if they had won. They are the real losers, & as stated I am one very happy e-pat from B.C. LOSERS. Maybe it's because they don't have jobs or the cup.

Last edited by spawn; 06-16-2011 at 04:12 AM. Reason: such an easy target. Why?
Old 06-16-2011, 04:33 AM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

Just embarrassing to say the least. Here vancouver fans were saying canadians need to cheer for Vancouver as it is a Canadian team, yet Vancouver is disgracing our Canadian name. The game is over, go home already
Old 06-16-2011, 04:35 AM

mark is on a distinguished road

don't think it's right calling the fans rioters. The rioters are a special class of people.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:37 AM

skabooya is on a distinguished road

Those aren't fans. Just a bunch of bored idiots.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:44 AM
Banned

spawn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
don't think it's right calling the fans rioters. The rioters are a special class of people.
Fair enough, I didn't mean to stereotype. I started typing way to fast, my bad. I guess there's just more of that "class" of people in Van. than other Canadian cities that have had similar type "Incidents" in recent history.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:54 AM

Magma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
Fair enough, I didn't mean to stereotype. I started typing way to fast, my bad. I guess there's just more of that "class" of people in Van. than other Canadian cities that have had similar type "Incidents" in recent history.
Very true, Calgarys run for the cup had the red mile, very few incidents other than the famous Flames Girls.com website, Edmonton had some minor issues with there White Ave, few more problems but nothing on this scale that Vancouver has today.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:20 AM

ensquire is on a distinguished road

I would reeally like to jump all over these losers as Canuck Fans and label them all.
Unfortunately it is only a very small percentage of Vancourites that are causing all the problems.
Whata total bunch of losers. Don't they know that there is facail recognition software that the police are using. Christ, it was only a friggin hockey game.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:46 AM

MKLKT is on a distinguished road

I was downtown and watched from the 34th floor of the Scotiatower. I saw the people who were coming downtown to watch and I can assure you that they were NOT Vancouverites (from out of city, etc.) and there was not sufficient prevention of liquor/drug consumtion in the areas with large crowds.

And like the smaller incident that happened last year in the olympics there were prepared anarchists with weapons/tools ready to cause destruction regardless of what happened. They were never there to watch the game.

Don't lump real fans in with this shameful behaviour. Everyone I know who's been a lifelong fan isn't involved in this.

There have also been riots and other incidences in most other Canadian cities during the playoffs. The layout of Downtown Vancouver and the way it's kind of locked in by bridges/viaducts doesn't help with dispersing people either.

Last edited by MKLKT; 06-16-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:11 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

the problem is that while cars were being flipped and turned on fire there were thousands of people watching and cheering. (just watched the footage) it wasn't a small group involved it was thousands involved. even if you are there and watched with out trying to stop something or leaving you are part of it, so realy the only innocent people were the ones that left when they saw it going on or ones who tried to stop it to some degree.

edmonton the cops brought out the firedepartment and turned the hose on us and we left... the vancouver cops let this go way to long befor breaking it up.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
the problem is that while cars were being flipped and turned on fire there were thousands of people watching and cheering. (just watched the footage) it wasn't a small group involved it was thousands involved. even if you are there and watched with out trying to stop something or leaving you are part of it, so realy the only innocent people were the ones that left when they saw it going on or ones who tried to stop it to some degree.

edmonton the cops brought out the firedepartment and turned the hose on us and we left... the vancouver cops let this go way to long befor breaking it up.

Steve
And what do you figure would have happened to any one of those thousands on the sidelines who tried to intervene?

think you would have?