Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-07-2010, 02:12 PM

Seamazter is on a distinguished road
Default Daylight Savings

Since I myself didn't get that extra hour of sleep I am no more rested then the previous sleep.
Those of you that did remember to go back one hour tho should be well rested so...

GOOD MORNING.

Where I didn't get the extra hour of sleep I did gain an extra hour of relaxation, so I decided to do some research on daylight saving.
Here is a few quips I found, feel free to comment or add your own.

-Saskatchewan has not observed daylight time since 1966 and remains on central standard time all year round.

-In 1984, Fortune magazine estimated that an extension of daylight time by seven weeks would pump an extra $200 to $300 million into U.S. industry.

-A study found that fast-food restaurants sold more french fries with more daylight.

-The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in the U.S. estimated in 1995 that there was a 1.2-per-cent reduction in road fatalities when the clocks spin forward in the spring.

-And in Canada, the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia warns drivers that when the clocks roll back, “the transition out of DST puts us out of sync with our circadian rhythm and this can pose some dangers on our roads.”

Not as extensive as I had hoped but I really only have 1 extra hour to play today.

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon if you got the extra hour of sleep, or the extra hour to do more things, have a great day regardless.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:55 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

I personally wish they would get rid of daylight savings time. Can't stand it.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:56 PM

Seamazter is on a distinguished road

The answer for you then is to move to Saskatchewan.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:23 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I'm with the farmers, birds, bees & critters. None of them care about daylight savings time and their world turns nicely, oblivious to our marketing madness. But I ain't movin' from the sunny Okanagan to Saskatchewan. Only way I'm leaving this place is feet first in a pine box. Actually, it's raining here today, but that means snow in the mountains!

Last edited by mike31154; 11-07-2010 at 04:25 PM.