Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-23-2010, 12:24 AM

isaac1 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help my xina pulsar coral is bleaching

I recently bought a pulsor coral about 2 weeks ago the polyps on the bigger tenticals are starting to shrivel and it's fading White at the base it was doing great for the first week but about Monday I put a hammerhead coral about 7 inches from it, I moved the hammer head but I'm sure what to do with the pulsor because it moved from a peiace of live rock from lfs and attached itself to my rock should I wait to see if it recovers or should I remove it any help will be appreacited asap thank you

Isaac
Old 10-23-2010, 01:00 AM

Nebthet is on a distinguished road

Are you talking about Pulsing Xenia?? If so do a small water change and run some carbon. If this just happened after adding the hammer coral then you could be dealing with a bit of chemical warfare aka allelopathy between the two.

Also xenia is one of those types of corals that do well for some and others just can't keep it. Also ensure it is not getting to much light or flow as that will also cause it to recede.
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Old 10-23-2010, 02:29 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

What are your parameter? salinity? KH? PH? ammonia? nitrites? nitrates?

I have the white pulsing xenia in both my aquariums and they are doing great right under a 250 watt metal halide or under T5HO, does not matter. they do well under any type of flow but they prefer not too strong but not too slow either.

They need trace of iodine in the water and when ever one of my xenia look bad, I take it out and dip it in Lugol for about 20 minutes at "dip" concentration that is specified on the bottle. This always seem to revive them after a few days.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:28 PM

isaac1 is on a distinguished road

Ya I'm not sure I do a five gallon water change weekly and I run two korial 425 but since I've added the coral I've had bad diatom outbreaks